View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2006, 08:13 AM
Was thinking about that.. But I havent heard of or seen any goat yogurt.. "only" the plain ordinary yogurt...
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

28-02-2006, 05:15 PM
Thats ok B/L don`t worry go with what you can get
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2006, 05:36 PM
Hi Christine

I found something called Cultura here in Denmark.. Its a kind of yogurt.. Which contains Lactobacillus Caser F19, Lactobacillus acidophilus and bifido.

Should I give it at both meals? There's no problems with her tummy in the afternoon, only in the morning..

Oh and I'm still not sure if it would help, if I only fed once a day??
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

01-03-2006, 07:14 AM
Think I`d give it at both meals B/L

Strange it only happens in the morning hmmm What does she have for her evening meal & does she have anything after that, like a snack/treat before you go to bed?
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2006, 11:25 AM
Hi Christine

At dinner she has minced meat (we are on beef these days) and some kelp/alfalfa (½ teaspoon). We are trying a bit at a time.. I'm soon going to start adding the veggies again.

It seems to me that there's 24 hours between eating and passing, but I dont know if that's correct though.

Today I gave her 2 tablespoons of the "Cultura" before giving her the pork ribs..

And I mixed 1 tablespoon in her dinner last night. It looked much better this morning though, so perhaps its only 12 hours from eating till passing
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

02-03-2006, 07:52 AM
How was she today B/L?

Her upset tum could be just too many new foods at once, I doubt the vits would have anything todo with it in the amounts you`re giving. Reintroduce things 1 at a time & give her body time to get used to it before introducing something else.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2006, 11:14 AM
Actually it was a bit worse this morning. No red lights or sirenes or anything, just a bit softish.

I've given her pork ribs the last 3 mornings.. But if we say, that the poo in the morning is from the dinner yesterday (12-ish hours indstead of 24-ish hours), then it would seem she has a bit of a problem with minced beef.. Cos it was fine those days she got minced pork. I'm going to buy some more minced pork today and give her.. And then I guess I should see a result then..

I give her 2 tablespoons of the "Cultura" at every meal.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

03-03-2006, 08:14 AM
Hi B/L, hmmmmm so shes getting pork ribs in the morning & beef mince at night. Have you thought about changing to chicken wings/thighs in the morning ? I don`t know if it would help feeding her once a ady, you can try
How big is the tub, I`d give her half a tub in the morning & the other half at night if its 1 of the small tubs
Can you get fresh pumpkin, if you can, puree enough to make about 2 tablespoons to give with her meat. When my pups took a long time recovering from parvo I used to alternate with actimel & found that very good as well. Be patient it can take a while specially after a/b use.

Heres a link about probiotics

http://www.enzymestuff.com/probiotics.htm
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2006, 09:13 AM
Hi Christine

I'm holding off on chicken for the moment. We started up on chicken alone and she got the runs bigtime..

Last night I gave her minced pork instead of minced beef, and it looked perfect this morning. So I think it must have been the minced beef..

I bought a tub with 1 liter in it. So there's loads I'm still giving her 2 tablespoons at each meal.

Hmm I could see about the pumpkin, but its not really something we eat a lot of here in Denmark.. But its definately worth a try.. Right now things are looking good

We have moved on to turkey.. This morning she had a turkey thigh and ate it!! Last time she had turkey she didnt want to eat it... I'm going to give her turkey for 3 days and see what reaction we get.. Then I'm moving on to fish.. Dont know if I should feed fish several days in a row???

And then I have s ome minced venison, I'm going to try.. Might have found a supplier of rabbits aswell.. Would have to skin them myself though

And after all this, I'm going to try chicken again.. To see if it was just a one off (having chicken for too long.. We are talking a good month atleast) and nothing but chicken...

But this morning it was great and fingers crossed it still will this afternoon

Thank you for the link I will take a look at it this afternoon, when I get home

A friend of mine have an american friend, who have translated the mail I got from the canadien.. I kinda got confused.. but we have some pills here in Denmark called "Milkacidbacteria" but they dont really have anything to do with milk... So might try those, if she keeps having problems...
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

03-03-2006, 10:56 AM
Nope don`t give her a litre of the stuff but you could up it to 3tbs each meal.

How long she been on the beef mince & pork ribs?

Turkey is great so is venison, leave the fish till shes alright with all meats & rabbits are great too but why you gonna skin em let her do that when she eats it I`m jealous wish I could get them with skin/fur on
Being honest about the turkey thigh I can only get v large ones so if I gave them to my lot it`d be the only meal they got that day, what weight was it, do you know? Mind they call thighs the whole leg here.

Yes agree leaving the chicken till last but why keep her on it for a month? Try & vary her diet, different things daily (when you know she`s ok with them) vaired diet is the best

Stick with the yoghurt for now, give it time. And not to worry about the pumpkin, can you get porridge oats, if you can soak a cupfull & try her with them
Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »