Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2009, 09:06 AM

I have Plucked Up The Courage

Have phoned the doctors and made an appointment to see a lady doctor at 5pm about the bleeding i am having from my bowels. Its been going on for a good year now and It is getting worse and I am getting tenderness in my upper stomach down the middle.
I am terrified as the thought of being sent to the hospital and having painful tests scares me witless. I think having nobody this end I can talk to about it doesn't help as feel very alone and will have to go through all this alone.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2009, 09:09 AM
Oh gosh, you've put up with it for so long, I'm sorry you haven't got anyone you can talk to at home about such a worrying thing.

Well done for taking a step in the right direction, fingers crossed its nothing serious and the doctor will be able to put your mind at rest. I'll be thinking of you later xx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2009, 09:16 AM
Well done for making the appointment.

Sorry you have to go through this all by yourself. When I have to do things like this, I find taking a good book with me really helps - I get engrossed in that and try to ignore everything else that's going on around me at the hospital.

Hope all goes well xx.
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2009, 09:18 AM
I had this about 10 years ago i was 24/25 lots of blood and always needed the loo. I was petrified. Went to the Docs he was great gave me a steroid supository (not pleasant but bearable and not painful) which I had to use for 2 weeks and something to harden up my stools. I was also sent for a camera up the back passage shall we say.

It is not that painfull and the assured me there and then it wasn't the big C and that I had an inflamed stomache lining....after the meds I have never had it since. They did find some piles cos of the problems which they injected with something to clear them.

The day after I was sore and lost a bit of blood but nothing some paracetamol didn't help with.

Good luck the more you can try and relax the better...I know easier sadi than done...if you want more details pm me anytime

Mel xx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2009, 09:29 AM
Sending some cyber hugs and some Fudgey woos.

It is horrible when the fear stops you from acting. I have health anxiety so know exactly what you mean. Hoping all goes well. we are here this end when you need us. Please feel free to pm me if you need to talk.

Rx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2009, 09:29 AM
Well done to you for taking that step.

Please don't ever feel alone....we're all here, we are a family, right.

Hope you get it sorted. Good luck. I am sure it will be OK
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2009, 09:31 AM
Oh hun, you are not alone, you have us and I for one will be thinking of you and having my fingers crossed
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2009, 09:46 AM
Thankyou all of you. I have tears running down my face here from the kindness and support you are showing.
Mel I am glad yours wasn't anything awful and you came through it ok.
Lets hope the doctor sees me today and just says its something silly. (Thats me trying to be brave)
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2009, 10:36 AM
Good for you taking the step in going to the doctor
I am sure it is just something simple, but whatever it is is much better to face it head on

Trust me I know about burying your head in the sand, my dad died of bowel cancer 3 years ago so ANYTHING wrong with me at all and I pannic - but I just cant pluck up the guts to go to the doc (oopps nearly wrote vet there!!) thankfully nothing has been serious and has gone away in a few days

Really sorry you have noone to talk to at home but please use us, pm me any time

Vertual hugs sound a bit daft but I am really sending them along with all the good vibes I can
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2009, 10:53 AM
Well done for making the appointment.

I can only say what everyone else has, in that you are not alone as we are all here if you need to talk.
Please try not to worry as it wont achieve anything...i know easier said than done.
Well done again and hugs to you x
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >