Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lene
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-05-2008, 06:43 AM

Crate training Sebastian

Today I went and bought a crate for Sebastian... He has been sleeping in the bathroom, but he doesn't like that much...

Less than 5 minutes after I set up the crate, Sebastian went into and layed down...

My son and his family came over a bit later, and couldn't believe I had bought the puppy a 'cage'... It doesn't look like many people here in Australia believe in crating.

Cheers
Lene
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-05-2008, 07:49 AM
My son and his family came over a bit later, and couldn't believe I had bought the puppy a 'cage'... It doesn't look like many people here in Australia believe in crating.

Hi Lene have you seen this article on crates by 'Shadowboxer' ,a much loved and greatly missed member from your part of the world..
http://www.dogsey.com/dog-articles.php?t=15552
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2008, 12:24 PM
Sounds like Sebastian has taken to it straight away. He'll come to think of it as his own wee den. My first ever dog was called Sebastian..I think it's a great name. He was a Golden Retriever.
Deedee1321
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-05-2008, 03:48 PM
When we first got Hamish we crate trained him and both me and my OH got quite a bit of stick at work for putting a dog in a "Cage." (mostly from people who don't have dogs to be honest) However, he loves his wee cosy den. I think it helped a lot with toilet training too.

So long as your pup and you are happy then I wouldn't worry!

Deedee
Lene
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2008, 05:52 AM
No, I certainly don't worry about it... The crate is at the moment in my office, where I spend a lot of time... Both dogs are normally in here with me... They were both sleeping on the floor, and I look around me occassionally to make sure where they are.... This time I couldn't see Buzz, and I hadn't seen or heard him leave... Looking around I found him fast asleep in Sebastian's crate.... He woke up, when I took a photo of him...

I went and got a coffee, both dogs followed me, came back in here, and Buzz went straight back into the crate..

I'll be posting some crate photos, when they have uploaded to Photobucket..

Cheers
Lene