View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mattie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-01-2014, 09:33 PM
I used to have a memory foam topper, it did help a bit but not enough, I bought a 10in memory foam mattress off Ebay for £130, they are a lot cheaper on there and never regretted it. I don't find the mattress hot but when I had a pillow my head was too hot for me to sleep. I find it easier to move on the mattress as well.

I have never been one to stay in bed, once I am awake I have to be up, coming down stairs when I wake up is a nightmare because of my hip, once the painkillers are working it is a lot easier.

Getting into bed is a problem, I have the mattress over a little so I can use the base as a step to get on the bed. By putting my feet on that first and using my hands to lift my right leg up I can get into bed. I also use the headboard to haul myself up. Cyril keeps my back nice and warm because he cuddles up to it.

Living on my own and having 4 dogs to take care of I have to keep moving, thank goodness for mobility scooters so I can exercise them, I couldn't without it as I am now on crutches and poo picking up on the patio is a nightmare but I do manage to do it.

Hopefully I will have a good idea of when my hip will be replaced on Monday as I am going to see the consultant at the hospital.

The weather does affect it, cold and damp are the worst but were I live we don't seem to get as much rain as everywhere else, most of it drops on Manchester as the clouds rise to get over the Pennines. We had 10 minutes of rain today when everywhere else was having thunder and lightening and hail stones.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-02-2014, 04:32 PM
I don't have any aches and pains as such, my knees are a bit creaky in the morning sometimes, I only notice it when coming downstairs first thing in the morning.
I did go through a bout of pains in my ankles and the bottom of my feet on getting out of bed in my 40's but not anymore.
In my 50's I went through a year or two of chronic pains in my hands which my GP was adamant was arthritis and I was equally convinced it wasn't but it disappeared of it's own accord without any treatment.
I'm 60 in august apparently, no idea how that happened and I'm very active and currently ache and pain free.
I have a memory foam mattress topper and it's not hot and sweaty at all, it has a climacool cover maybe that helps.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2014, 09:40 PM
Well my memory foam topper has completely stopped all back muscle spams from the very first night! It's fantastic! I can leap out of bed in the morning! It's wonderful! Well worth the money. I bought it on line and got a 3inch deep one.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2014, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Well my memory foam topper has completely stopped all back muscle spams from the very first night! It's fantastic! I can leap out of bed in the morning! It's wonderful! Well worth the money. I bought it on line and got a 3inch deep one.
Right! You've decided me I am going to get one and to hell with them being too hot for out here. I will just whack the aircon on cooler!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2014, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Right! You've decided me I am going to get one and to hell with them being too hot for out here. I will just whack the aircon on cooler!
It is a bit odd to begin with but you just need a lighter duvet, or just a sheet. I do keep dreaming that I'm sleeping on a giant slice of cake though.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2014, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
It is a bit odd to begin with but you just need a lighter duvet, or just a sheet. I do keep dreaming that I'm sleeping on a giant slice of cake though.
Duvet? Here? I don't even need one in winter! Just a velvet blanket over the sheet. In high summer a very thin sheet or no sheet at all! We are talking temps in the 40s!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-02-2014, 10:01 AM
Just make sure you get a clima cool cover on it and it shouldn't be sweaty.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2014, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Duvet? Here? I don't even need one in winter! Just a velvet blanket over the sheet. In high summer a very thin sheet or no sheet at all! We are talking temps in the 40s!
I can imagine beyond wet, cold and windy at the moment. Rain is all we seem to see and I am so sick of the mud. Who gin five dogs today, pushing a Carys in the pushchair through inches of mud ....not fun.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2014, 11:13 AM
i try not to focus or tabulate these things

makes them think they are important!

have had m.e 40 years and as the drs were ignorant about it, and still are, they attributed the physical pains to a wide variety of things. was young then..

ache all the time basically...ouch! balance is going too.

lactic acid gets released into muscles

i do take painkillers. prescription codeine at night...otc stuff here is severely limited and i refuse to be cross questioned in a public pharmacy by children! soldadeine can be bought but you get quizzed..out loud in the shop!

i use aspirin and brufen during the day as i need; friend in the us supplies those. would be totally immobile and incapable else now.

trust in drs long gone and no money for private stuff.

so i do what i can a i can and enjoy a day like yesterday even knowing will i pay the price the day after.
is what you do that matters not what you feel doing it.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3