Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2013, 10:34 PM

Been away a long time xxx

Sorry I have been away so long, but days turn into weeks, and weeks into months.
So what have I been up to well I did a 12 month course for a diploma in child care and welfare, then I did a degree (mad or what) but once I got into the old educational bit I just kept going, getting a pass with credits.
I took 3 unwanted chucks to go with my old girls and thats turned out nicely. The rabbit and guinnea-pig are fine so are the dogs. We lost the two younger cats sadly one was poisoned the other got run over, so Im sticking to the 3 old'ens now, Colin had a abbess in his ear and we are back and forth to the vets ATM.
I had my 60th Birthday and got my pension from NHS,
We changed from fostering for the agency to Local Authority and everything is going well.
We have had a garden room built on the back of the house....peace haven.
We have had the drive redone and I have been manic gardening whilst the good weather has been on, plus had the house repainted.
We have been to several day outs by the seaside.
Our foster lad of nearly 12 months has settled well.
Been on loads of walks with the gang
and last but not least....the dogs were professionally groomed today (1st time) and actually look stunning instead of cover in mud as they usually are

Now to catch up
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2013, 10:37 PM
Wow youve been busy! Congratulations on your qualifications.... But late now but I might have been some help to you as I was a lecturer and assessor in early childhood studies until I went on maternity leave! Also have a BSc (econ) in Early Childhood Studies.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2013, 10:37 PM
Welcome back
Congratulations on your degree
Sorry you lost your cats
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2013, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Wow youve been busy! Congratulations on your qualifications.... But late now but I might have been some help to you as I was a lecturer and assessor in early childhood studies until I went on maternity leave! Also have a BSc (econ) in Early Childhood Studies.
Awwww thanks what a kind gesture xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2013, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
Welcome back
Congratulations on your degree
Sorry you lost your cats
Thank you, we were gutted as we lost them a few days apart...brothers..... sadly meant to be together I think
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2013, 10:46 PM
Was your degree child related too?
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2013, 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Was your degree child related too?
Yes in child welfare and social care, we foster teenagers (for our sins) but I only did it cuz I could, not thinking of becoming a social worker or anything like that, it was just the challenge
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2013, 01:59 AM
Hi, wondered how you and the gang were doing, nice to see you back, but you have been busy Do you have a 12 month or 12 year old foster child at the mo? that must be exciting either way
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2013, 05:38 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Yes in child welfare and social care, we foster teenagers (for our sins) but I only did it cuz I could, not thinking of becoming a social worker or anything like that, it was just the challenge
Fantastic! I did my degree as a mature student...finshed at 30 but that's mature still apparently! I shared a house with another mature student I met on the course and she has gone on to be a social worker. She like you, started with just dabbling her toe in the water, did a couple of GCSE's, then an access course, then the same degree as mine and then on to do her social work qualifications....she said she was always surprised when she wanted to do more!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2013, 06:34 AM
Someone asked after you only a few days ago ... your ears must have been burning

Congratulations on all your qualifications and sorry to hear about your cats but as you say they remained together in life and death.

Its great to see you back.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >