Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2012, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Watched this the other night. Let's hope we get more from this guy, fantastic viewing. I loved the way the mother and calf got away from the wolves by taking them through the thick forest and came out with 2 calves, the other one of which had obviously got away from its mother on a previous chase.

I especially loved the bit where they hadn't eaten for weeks, and when they found those buffalo and gave chase, all of a sudden Storm kept going, spotted something else up ahead, which even surprised all those buffalos they were chasing, and then they all just gathered there, relaxing and taking a drink, with that one big, bull. They didn't attack it, even though they hadn't eaten for weeks again, they just waited for it to die naturally overnight, I thought that was pretty amazing how they knew - nature is wonderful isn't it.

I didn't see the bit with the calf they left hamstringed coz I came in half way through , but I'm definitely going to catch up with that first half, this is not to be missed viewing imo.

Beautiful cubs, never seen wolves quite like this, they were big and chunky not like the skinny things we see elsewhere.
Totally agree H. It was fantastic viewing. All the bits you mention were really special. I couldn't get over how Storm and the others just knew that old buffalo was ill and likely to quickly die ... amazing!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2