View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
I_am
New Member!
Male 

23-11-2012, 08:33 AM
No, spooks actually had decent cast of actors. On the whole, this acting by this cast was poor, with a few noteable exceptions, such as Patrick Malahide, whom is always a great actor. I have read about a dozen reviews, they all panned the acting.

The ending was thus: Byzantium faked Sam's death against orders of Polyhedrus, and returned her child, who survived Sam being shot in Tangier.

Otherwise, they avoided solving several major questions, most likely because they thought they had the next season to carry those stories on, but they hadnt counted on being cancelled by the BBC. (Maybe the american channel will pick the series up again?)

So we dont know why Polyhedrus killed Sam's mother ad why they want Sam dead, we dont know whom the guy was in her barn flashback, we dont know why the Horst Goebbels impersonator is protecting Sam, whom he is and whom he works for, we dont actually know what Hourglass is and want they want, and we dont know whom Aiden really is.

Therefore a total waste of 8 hours of my life - complete crap!
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-11-2012, 11:21 AM
"So we dont know why Polyhedrus killed Sam's mother ad why they want Sam dead, we dont know whom the guy was in her barn flashback, we dont know why the Horst Goebbels impersonator is protecting Sam, whom he is and whom he works for, we dont actually know what Hourglass is and want they want, and we dont know whom Aiden really is".

I agree with the above and thought it was a very poor ending.I looked at the clock at 9.55pm and thought there's a lot of explaining to do in the last 5 minutes of the programme which sadly did'nt happen.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2012, 01:05 PM
I think that guy who is protecting her could possibly be her father???

I don't like the fact that they've now left us hanging in the air with no further prospective episodes either, and if they do ever get around to it, we'll probably have forgotten the whole plot, if there ever was one

Did we get to see who drove the landrover up with her baby in it, cos I missed it if we did?
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-11-2012, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by I_am View Post
No, spooks actually had decent cast of actors. On the whole, this acting by this cast was poor, with a few noteable exceptions, such as Patrick Malahide, whom is always a great actor. I have read about a dozen reviews, they all panned the acting.

The ending was thus: Byzantium faked Sam's death against orders of Polyhedrus, and returned her child, who survived Sam being shot in Tangier.

Otherwise, they avoided solving several major questions, most likely because they thought they had the next season to carry those stories on, but they hadnt counted on being cancelled by the BBC. (Maybe the american channel will pick the series up again?)

So we dont know why Polyhedrus killed Sam's mother ad why they want Sam dead, we dont know whom the guy was in her barn flashback, we dont know why the Horst Goebbels impersonator is protecting Sam, whom he is and whom he works for, we dont actually know what Hourglass is and want they want, and we dont know whom Aiden really is.

Therefore a total waste of 8 hours of my life - complete crap!
Thought the acting was fair.

The writing was poor and too detailed with bits of rubbish, the 8 eps could have been done in 3 eps.

The ending should have only included 1 cliff hanger and not the 5 or 6 mentioned.

On the whole would like to see another series.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

23-11-2012, 07:52 PM
I agree about the lack of explanations about hourglass, who was protecting her, why they wanted her killed, who was looking after her child (tho I guess it was someone she knew as that's where she did her recuperation after getting shot).

Some of it was a bit far-fetched, but on the whole, I really enjoyed it and it's a shame they have cancelled it. I want answers to our questions!
I_am
New Member!
Male 

24-11-2012, 10:49 AM
The American channel involved, Cinemax, have decided to do a spin off.

The main writer Frank spotnitz (wrote X Files) will be writing a new show for Cinemax. He is going to reboot the whole thing, so it will be rooted in the Hunted universe, but starting all over again, so we wont even know if any of the current characters, organisations such byzantium or hourglass etc, or storylines will even feature. As the BBC wont be involved, and it is they that stumped up the most cash and made the show the bigger production it was, it most likely just be an american show with a smaller cast now. Melissa George is based in america, so who knows, it might centre round her.? But bearing in mind it was her acting and fight scenes that goes the worse criticism, they might not want to go down that road.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

24-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by I_am View Post
The American channel involved, Cinemax, have decided to do a spin off.

The main writer Frank spotnitz (wrote X Files) will be writing a new show for Cinemax. He is going to reboot the whole thing, so it will be rooted in the Hunted universe, but starting all over again, so we wont even know if any of the current characters, organisations such byzantium or hourglass etc, or storylines will even feature. As the BBC wont be involved, and it is they that stumped up the most cash and made the show the bigger production it was, it most likely just be an american show with a smaller cast now. Melissa George is based in america, so who knows, it might centre round her.? But bearing in mind it was her acting and fight scenes that goes the worse criticism, they might not want to go down that road.
Ah K thanks for the info. I guess it won't even show here if Cinemax do it :/ never mind I enjoyed what we got

What's The Killing like? http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...s_3_Episode_1/ asking you cos you seem to be a fan of these shows
I_am
New Member!
Male 

24-11-2012, 04:29 PM
I haven actually seen the killing, but i am dying to. You pegged me right, do love these sort of shows. But everyone say Killing is fantastic. Have read and watched (swedish and british versions) quite bit of Wallander too, that is brilliant. All the american remakes have been poor though. And try out The Bridge. And read and watch all Stigg Larsson stuff, thats outstanding.

BTW, I see all this stuff even though its not on British TV yet, and even months ahead it being on cable. For example, i am totally up to date for True Blood and Walking Dead. And thats all online, i dont own a TV
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3