View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 08:00 PM
I had some and was told to read and watch TV without moving my head. I was also told to blink as I adjusted from reading to looking at something as this gave the eyes time to adjust.....

I spent several months trying and finally went back to reading glasses....now Im back to hunting for them everytime
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-05-2011, 08:11 PM
Sorry Nippy but the bad news is yes. There are three different varifocal grades and it's the dearest one that gives the wide view. Check with your optician on prices.The good news is the top grade lenses are not as expensive as they used to be. I have these and they do make a difference.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by rueben View Post
Sorry Nippy but the bad news is yes. There are three different varifocal grades and it's the dearest one that gives the wide view. Check with your optician on prices.The good news is the top grade lenses are not as expensive as they used to be. I have these and they do make a difference.
Good post Reuben!

Agree tbe panoramic views are brilliant. Good news is they are just £30 more than others. Got them couple months ago.

What you are experiencing is perfectly nirmal, with varifocals you do need to move your head rather than your eyes - you get used to it unless you change to panoramic view lens

Im also a trained DSE assessor although cant see what that has to do with your varifocals. If you were having blurred vision & / or headaches i could suggest you get your eyes tested or suggest you change your seating at your PC.

They do take wee while but i wouldnt be without mine
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
I had some and was told to read and watch TV without moving my head. I was also told to blink as I adjusted from reading to looking at something as this gave the eyes time to adjust.....

I spent several months trying and finally went back to reading glasses....now Im back to hunting for them everytime
that is so funny, because that is the WORSE thing about specs is it not? Putting them down and then trying to find them again.............
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-05-2011, 09:05 PM
Hi Nippy I tried them for a month and after falling downstairs twice took them back. I just couldn't get on with them they made me feel ill a bit like being seasick .....
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hi Nippy I tried them for a month and after falling downstairs twice took them back. I just couldn't get on with them they made me feel ill a bit like being seasick .....
I remember thats sensation with the first pair that I got - funny how it comes back. Remember having to hold tight onto the stair bannister

Things are so much more different now - thankfully
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-05-2011, 11:11 PM
I tried them and like mini i just couldn't get on with them, they made me feel dizzy and sea sick so i now have normal glasses and just take them off when i need to look at something close up. getting older is over rated.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 05:50 AM
Hi Jenny. I have varifocals and have had them for some years now. You shouldn't have to "adjust" to be able to see clearly in both the reading and looking panes. It sounds to me like they're either positioned wrong or they've got the prescription wrong. Opticians labs making errors is not unusual at all. If there's no improvement in 24 hours, take them back......

x0x
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-05-2011, 07:22 AM
I must be an exception. From the word go I didn't have any problems ajusting to varifocals .H/O had a problem ajusting to bifocals.He reversed his car into a post and smashed a rear light.He blamed his new bifocals(but then he would wouldn't he ) After that he changed them to varifocals and thought they were great.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-05-2011, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
It's moving my eyes sideways that is causing me problems. I have to move my head to see the sides of the page/computer screen.

Yes, you do have to move your head , for them to work properly, driving is the worse, looking for your blind spot , without moving your head, is impossible,

I have had them for years, as has my hubby, to be honest, never got on with them, and an thinking of having contact lenses, or even laser surgery.

Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Good post Reuben!

Agree tbe panoramic views are brilliant. Good news is they are just £30 more than others. Got them couple months ago.

What you are experiencing is perfectly nirmal, with varifocals you do need to move your head rather than your eyes - you get used to it unless you change to panoramic view lens

Im also a trained DSE assessor although cant see what that has to do with your varifocals. If you were having blurred vision & / or headaches i could suggest you get your eyes tested or suggest you change your seating at your PC.

They do take wee while but i wouldnt be without mine
Mine are panoramic , and still find them a pain.

Have resorted to buying the cheap reading glasses from boots, have loads of them and cant ever find a pair when I need them
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >