Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2011, 10:18 AM

Really Interesting- backpain and barefoot

Just came across this whilst looking about barefoot horses, I think it's really interesting and something that I might try. I usually live in my Crocs and my Ariats as I have real trouble with other shoes rubbing me, but even using my Ariats I get pain in my arches after a while. I also get back ache a lot, it might be an interesting experiment

http://www.performancebarefoot.co.uk/barefootmike.html
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2011, 10:57 AM
Thats quite intresting!

I'll stick to my Vans and Mountain Horse Boots though
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Any shoe will alter your posture, which will in turn affect your back. You`d do better looking at posture rather than footwear. BTW I went barefoot for a while in my Hippie days and haven`t been able to wear high heels since. Your feet spread without shoes.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2011, 04:53 PM
I used to spend all summer barefoot and ran agility barefoot for years. I have wide feet anyway and bunions. Now I live in crocs----I have them for all occassions including HTM routines!

rune
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2011, 05:15 PM
I went barefoot for years even in snow(hippie days! ) and had a very dear friend who did the same too, conected us with the earth, we were refused entry into supermarkets, shops, pubs, clad in our tunics n beads Never regreted it though
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2011, 05:30 PM
I have pretty decent posture (years of horse riding from a young age ) my back pain is mostly caused by falling from horses onto hard surfaces, although it has got worse since breaking my collarbone, which has set in a forward position.

I've spent most of the day barefoot, my feet hurt when standing up and my back seems to ache more than normal
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
I went barefoot for years even in snow(hippie days! ) and had a very dear friend who did the same too, conected us with the earth, we were refused entry into supermarkets, shops, pubs, clad in our tunics n beads Never regreted it though
I argued my way into a pub that had the classic notice no blacks, no gypsies (including hippies), no dogs by saying I was a fortune-teller and earned a few rounds telling their cards. Oh, the `good` old days!
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I argued my way into a pub that had the classic notice no blacks, no gypsies (including hippies), no dogs by saying I was a fortune-teller and earned a few rounds telling their cards. Oh, the `good` old days!
Well done! Big 'Boo' to Feet n Hippie descrimination i say If didn't feel the cold so much would still do it now(but you never know) roll on Summer
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 03:38 PM
When I was littler - it was unusual to see me wearing shoes altogether. From the ages 5-9 after school I would take my shoes off and go and play barefoot. I still prefer to go barefoot these days but with the glass and everything around it makes it harder.

Good luck with the experiment
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 04:14 PM
Unfortunately no longer doing the experiment

Only lasted 2 days, the bottom of my feet were hurting and my back was killing me, gone back to my crocs and my back ache has gone.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >