Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 07:15 PM

About Pepsi

Losos has asked what info I have been given about Pepsi, so I thought I would fill you all in.

Peps was born on 4th January 2001. She lived with an elderly person who was struggling to cope with her. She is a very active girl.
She also had one or two problems that maybe her previous owner couldn't afford to sort out.
She had never been spayed, this has now been attended to, the centre saw to it before she was put up for rehoming.
She had the most dreadful flea allergy that caused the loss of a lot of hair from her back Again the centre have seen to this and the fleas and the allergy have been threated. We will be continuing with this treatment.
She had two mammary lumps, plus a lump at the base of her tail and under her neck. These were removed when she was spayed and sent for analysis. The results came back as non-malignant tumours and there should be no further problems but we have to make regular checks that the mammary tumours don't reoccur.

As I remarked to Brian, why do we always end up with defective dogs but we went with the intention of adopting an elderly dog that needed a loving home and good care.
There is no reason why we shouldn't have many happy years with her
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 07:17 PM
Wow she sounds like Sadie - she was born in 2001 and has a flea allergy! But that's where their similarities end LOL

Have fun with her - I was thinking today why do I have embarrassing dogs?

Good Luck with Pepsi New year new start for her I guess
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 07:21 PM
Aww Bless Pepsi sounds like a dream I am so happy for you, hope she brings many happy years for you all x
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Good Luck with Pepsi , where is there a doggy that doesnt have some sort of prob !
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 07:27 PM
No reason why you shouldn't have many happy years together at all You've given a lot of thought about bringing an older dog into your lives and caring for her n am sure she will let you know in her own way that she loves you for it x
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Awwww well she has certainly landed on her feet with you and I am sure she will have many years of happiness and love now
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 07:37 PM
Thanks all.
Of course if you take on a rescue there are almost certainly going to be some problems of varying degrees.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-12-2010, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Losos has asked what info I have been given about Pepsi, so I thought I would fill you all in.

Peps was born on 4th January 2001. She lived with an elderly person who was struggling to cope with her. She is a very active girl.
She also had one or two problems that maybe her previous owner couldn't afford to sort out.
She had never been spayed, this has now been attended to, the centre saw to it before she was put up for rehoming.
She had the most dreadful flea allergy that caused the loss of a lot of hair from her back Again the centre have seen to this and the fleas and the allergy have been threated. We will be continuing with this treatment.
She had two mammary lumps, plus a lump at the base of her tail and under her neck. These were removed when she was spayed and sent for analysis. The results came back as non-malignant tumours and there should be no further problems but we have to make regular checks that the mammary tumours don't reoccur.

As I remarked to Brian, why do we always end up with defective dogs but we went with the intention of adopting an elderly dog that needed a loving home and good care.
There is no reason why we shouldn't have many happy years with her
Thanks for that Jenny, every dog has some little things like you've said, just like humans, no one is pefect in every way, but clearly her life with her previous owner wasn't going to get better, whereas with you I'm sure it will and although an 'older' dog she'll still be with you for a good few years. Once again well done for rescuing her.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 07:50 PM
Defective dogs are the best

Hoki's had a mammary lump and a couple of others elsewhere removed and she's been fine since - I'm sure Pepsi will be too.

ooh she's going to love her walks with Mr Nippy - she has so much fun ahead of her
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 09:24 PM
Well done for giving Pepsi the chance of having the rest of her life in a loving caring home. She is a very lucky girl to have found you .
I know what you mean about always getting defective dogs in some form or another, but I think they just seem to come looking until they find us and we are just mean't to have those dogs.
They certainly win our hearts and are just as special to us, if not more so than a animal with no real problems.
I hope you all have many happy years together.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >