View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2012, 01:19 PM
Pennie ate Benjie's muzzle last week. No thats not the achievement. However what is; today we went on a walk with a dog he's never met before, a male, no muzzle and not even a grumble from him.
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2012, 12:16 AM
Well done Wiggins and well done Benji!

Just a couple of little achievement for Ted this week Firstly took him to some gardens on Thursday for a walk which also has a few shops including a dog one which sells lovely home made treats. There was quite a few dogs about mostly small and Ted pretty much ignored all of them apart from one GSD which was minding its own business which got a little bark and a terrier which was straining at the end of the lead to come over also a little bark. I think it probably helped he was wearing his head collar which i rarely use as he tolerates it but will try to rub it off at any opportunity including the back of my leg while i was trying to pay for something. He did get a lot of attention though and several people came and made a fuss of him and commented as we walked past how lovely and well behaved he was (little do they know ).

While we where there we stopped and had some lunch at a cafe by the lake and there where three ducks who hung around while we ate. Ted again completely ignored them (headcollar was off at this point) normally he loves to chase ducks. He even ignored a dog lunging at the ducks as it went past and the ducks scattering obviously!

He also completely ignored a GSD barking at him the next morning which i was really pleased about as just seeing a GSD normally sets him off let alone one barking

This morning i was texting on my phone while Ted stood in front of me on his long line when i saw him glance to the side and then back at me and realised there was some wild ponies walking towards us. Again no reaction although he was more interested in the horse and riders we saw a little later on.
Polarbear2008
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-10-2012, 08:01 AM
I'm sooooo happy. For almost two years now I've wanted to teach Bailiie "paw" and it's never worked. Just a few minutes ago, after inspiration from you tube trick videos I thought I'd try again.
We recently started clicker training so thought I'd make a start. I've tried before just getting her to lift her paw but nope, not doing that!
Today, I had my treat in my hand and raised it above her head until her paw lifted off the floor, so clicked and treated immediately. We've continued with this for a few minutes (and will continue until 100% reliable) and yay, she's got it

I know it's very basic, but I'm delighted.

We had a good day yesterday too - I've finally managed to get her to wait at the doors and gate before dashing out before me ; we ALWAYS struggled with this at our previous training school and after having to do the gate exercise on Friday at our new class (puppy class may I add - she's two ) in front of folk and her failing, I thought no way are we failing again . Spent a good few minutes using the clicker and really realise what a useful tool it is and Bailiie loves training with it too. It worked! So, I'm continuing with this too this week and if we can get these two things to be 100% by Friday then I'll be the happiest person with the biggest grin and sense of achievement this week!

krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2012, 05:20 PM
Hadn't seen the latchkey Collie in the park opposite us for a while. Owners back to their old tricks today though, had two encounters with it - I cut through the park, turned the corner to the exit, spotted Collie laying in the path with a young (7-8ish at a guess) boy stroking it. Collie immediately jumps up and runs over, luckily Casper and Kiki didn't make any fuss about turning around and going the long way.
45 minutes later I come back past the park, see it's empty, decide to go for a pootle around. Get halfway in and the Collie darts out of the stuid dogflap in the fence (which the owner has now installed a door and bolt onto - but I've never, ever seen it shut ) - again, manage to spin on my heels with no problems, but the dog then follows us all the way out of the park and halfway up the sideroad, only about 2' behind us! I don't know why, but Casper didn't do so much as a glance, a stall or a squeak, he trotted along like the world's least phased dog at all, all the way home - good boy!
We'd also managed to share the park with several dogs during our run. The Westie darting about on a Flexi got a little bit more interest than the others but the only vocal moemnt was when I stopped to tie my lace and the dogs had too much of a chance to fixate on said Westie (but I didn't want to leave my lace and trip up!), they're not doing bad at this social dog lark (at a distance, anyway!)
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Glad to hear Tes is continuing to do well. It's been too long since we had a Ted update

Well done Bailiie, sounds like the training is going really well

That blinking collie is a nightmare (thanks to its irresponsible owner!), great that Kiki and Casper coped so well. Sounds like Casper's reactivity is improving no end
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Yeah, frustrating as although I don't use the park a lot, it completely rules it out now the Collie has shown it will come right over to us. It used to just sit and watch, must be getting more confident (perhaps more familiar with Casper and Kiki) - or more bored, being left to do its own thing! I did notice the other day, there's quite a few piles of poo on that side of the park too so I'll mention that aspect too when I phone the DW. All of the Pedigree-esque poo colour/consistancy so look like they're from the same dog.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Poop detective
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2012, 05:50 PM
(it was more of an "Ewww, that's really going to stick to my shoes if I step in it" thought process, before you have a t-shirt made for me )
Jeltz
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-10-2012, 06:22 PM
Rosie picked up a new trick really quickly. Started on Saturday and by the end of the afternoon she pretty much had it.

Daily practice and she is there, properly now.

The trick is if I point 2 fingers at her "gun" style and say bang then she drops then rolls onto her back. Slightly ironic given recent posts maybe
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2012, 06:41 PM
that trick will always be a great party trick! Clever Rosie, well done
Page 100 of 101 « First < 50 90 97 98 99 100 101 >