View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CBT
Dogsey Senior

23-02-2005, 07:38 PM
yes it does say it all Minty
It says that the dogs I own are for my own purposes only and I have no intentions of creating any problems in other breeds or whatever tosh it was you tried to come out with
I have no doubt that If you breed from merles with large amounts of white on them and blue eyes you will encounter problems, which is why any breeder worth their salt will always reccommend breeding from merles with a strong solid colour base only, to a coloured dog and NEVER to another merle.
When you stick with these rules of common sense there is no reason why the merle colour should be a problem in any breed in which it is present.

Of course you are welcome to your opinion.
minty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-02-2005, 08:06 PM
so you are going against what the expert researchers are stating as i posted above it dosnt matter what way merle is bred it is dangerous and better eliminated ....so now you are acting like the white boxer breeders you wont accept the facts and will do your own thing
CBT
Dogsey Senior

23-02-2005, 08:31 PM

Yes I am saying that I would rather listen to my own experience (years of breeding merle border collies, none of which had any problems with their eyesight, hearing or sperm ) than some bunch of Hitlerite dog-haters who want to see an end to most breeds of dog, including the staffordshire bull terrier, if those Nazi bastards had their way then staffies wouldnt exist whatsoever.
CBT
Dogsey Senior

23-02-2005, 08:35 PM
Minty, I think breeders of great danes, border collies, rough collies, shelties, dachsies, aussies, beaucerons etc might think your idea of eradicating a major colour in their breed is taking things a step too far.
have you ever owned a merle dog? Do you speak from experience or are you just quoting from a website in the hope of stirring up some kind of argument?
(I suppose it would be a new topic compared to the ones weve had lately right enough )
minty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-02-2005, 09:01 PM
yes it is to get a new topic going but what this should tell you is that anybody can can trawl up facts and figures and slate anybody for their breeding policies witch there is a couple here who just spout of what has been repeated on other sites and take as gospel ....and as we all should know the WWW is full of misinformation and crap instead of using their own experience but then some havent got that much experience to call on and to be frank i have no other experience of dogs other than a lifetime of working terriers and staffords.
I was going to keep winding you but i have to go on lambing duty tonight in this freezing wheather and hope the yews co operate so it will be a long night cheers
minty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-02-2005, 09:01 PM
yes it is to get a new topic going but what this should tell you is that anybody can can trawl up facts and figures and slate anybody for their breeding policies witch there is a couple here who just spout of what has been repeated on other sites and take as gospel ....and as we all should know the WWW is full of misinformation and crap instead of using their own experience but then some havent got that much experience to call on and to be frank i have no other experience of dogs other than a lifetime of working terriers and staffords.
I was going to keep winding you but i have to go on lambing duty tonight in this freezing wheather and hope the yews co operate so it will be a long night cheers
CBT
Dogsey Senior

23-02-2005, 09:09 PM
Dont worry, you werent winding me up Minty, you were giving me a good laugh - for that Id like to say thanks
wish you luck with your lambing
finnigan31
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-02-2005, 11:57 PM
Please not again,we have already debated this issue, it is getting tedious, and that is saying something cos I have a white boxer.

Welcome to dogweb benlin

yvonne
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-02-2005, 07:40 AM
I totally agree with Mini, CBT Finnigan zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzz from a White Boxer owner.

Want some controversy........ Im thinking of breeding Saffy (white Boxer) to Max (Dally) just for the sheer hell of it to see what I get!!!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-02-2005, 08:25 AM
Roxy imagine the puppies
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >