Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2005, 09:33 AM

The Greatest Dog I Ever Owned...

I thought this would be a good starting point, the greatest dog I ever owned or met (doesnt necessarily have to be yours, could be a dog you knew or a childhood dog).

The dog that I have very fond memories of is my uncles sheepdog Craig. He was a great big collie and was the best working dog he ever had, he one quite a few trials with him too he is just one of these dogs I always remember being there when I grew up.

Okay everybody else your thoughts....
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-02-2005, 09:37 AM
Sox my Bearded Collie x, she was bad tempered, hated visitors, hated other dogs, but she loved me more than any other dog has and she was so cute and cuddly.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2005, 09:41 AM
Not including the ones I have now....would be Archer...a true gent and the most gentle of soles.Funny,loving and with a real 'need' to please.
The best dog in the world....wish he was still with me...4 years is not enough
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2005, 10:54 AM
Sabour,
rough collie. i never had a dog growing up, and we bumped into each other one day (i was about 12). He used to escape from his owners yard, she wasnt unkind, but she was boring, and left him all day. He decided he was my dog, and run away from home, and would sit out on the grass until i noticed him. He would sit at the kerb and wait for me, and then look before we crossed the road. His owner said she never trained him. Years passed and he knew when i would be getting off the bus after school and he was there waiting for me. He was my doggy soulmate.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2005, 11:01 AM
Ive always had dogs in the family since I was a wee babe so its hard to choose but I have to pick two if I can
Firstly was Cindy ( a collie) who I was very close to in my teenage years and also Sam my last Staffy who gave me such a passion for the breed
olive
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-02-2005, 11:46 AM
Well the lovely Olive is my first dog, and much that I love her more than anything, she is a cheeky wee upstart and probably most people wouldn't regard her as a "great" dog - but I think she is prefect and wouldn't change her for the world :smt008 (and she's mine).

However, the "greatest" dog I ever knew was my neighbours yellow lab, Beth. She was my best friend while I was growing up - actually she was more than that, she was my guardian, like one of my parents. She taught me so much. I worshipped this dog and she worshipped me
olive
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-02-2005, 11:51 AM
Laura, I knew I shouldn't have replied to this topic , I am going to have to go reapply my mascara now Nice topic though .
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2005, 11:51 AM
When I was little it had be my neighbours little heniz variety, Judy. AS soon as u opened the front door she come running across the road cos she knew my mum would give her a biscuit.

She also jumpd into the boot of my grandad's mini one day, she was a great little character and we missed her when she died
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2005, 12:11 PM
All my dogs have been very special in their own way, but I have to admit, mollie's my first boxer and she is very very special.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-02-2005, 12:37 PM
Hmmm, I'm not quite sure that it's fair on current dogs to designate a predecessor as "the greatest" I like to think of them all as "the greatest"!

When I spoke for Kali (when he was only 3 weeks old), I reckon that I had some sort of subconscious idea that he was going to be a new Glen (my first ever Border Collie). Kali has turned out to be a terrible Glen, but he's an A-1 Kali!

Glen was the same age as me, he was a super dog to have around when I was a kid - always there for a long hug when I was upset,always ready for a game (until he got to be very old, even then, he would try). Kali is not a good comforter, but he's very good at diverting my attention from whatever may be bothering me! Which is better? I can't decide, they are/were super dogs.

Great dogs, both of them. And not forgetting Snorri-dog, who just loves his people to bits!

Snorri
:smt041
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >