Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2008, 07:05 PM

What day would you prefer....

Okay I hav lovely neighbours we are not in each other pockets and I think I have only been in about 2 of their houses however lots of them have grown up children now and some no partners and some never had and live alone....some have children etc however I thought Credit Crunch....lack of good will we hear so much about how about a neighbourhood that rebelled....etc going on how about inviting some of them for a drink....(would do this in personie knocking on th door tomorrow night)

My question is what day would you prefer?
Christmas eve between say 4-6 or 5-7 (before everyone settles down)

or

Christmas morning.....I know lots are at home and I thought about 11-12 for a mince pie and a Christmas drink

...which would you prefer.....
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2008, 07:12 PM
Thats a hard one...guess it depends on what they are doing xmas day.

I would prob go for xmas eve...but then again if they are alone on xmas day that would be nice too.......sorry not much help, lol!!!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2008, 07:16 PM
See thats why I though Christmas day as a lot have adult children who they visit late afternoon.....but quite a few are alone ie them and partners etc in the house.

That why I wondered.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2008, 07:19 PM
What a lovely idea
I'd probably plump for Christmas Eve on the basis that presumably at least some of them are doing a proper Christmas meal and if they have it at lunchtime, they'll probably not be able to wonder too far from the kitchen during the course of the morning.

Then again, if you're going to ask them in person, you could always give the first house the option and then follow on from which they prefer.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2008, 07:22 PM
I reckon Christmas Eve between 5 and 7 would be the least "inconvenient" time.
Hope it goes well..... no b*gger's being invited into my house, that's for sure, so you have my admiration, Karen
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2008, 07:38 PM
I would go for Christmas Eve too...the 5-7 stint, although expect it to go on for longer!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2008, 07:56 PM
I think Christmas eve, between 4-6 if they are elderly, I think they would want to settle in for the evening after that time.

I had all my neighbours in last Thursday morning for drinks and mince pies. We had a great time.
Good luck.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2008, 08:55 PM
I'd go for Christmas Eve 4-6 (some will stay longer I bet).

Thanks for the invite...we'll be there
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2008, 09:01 PM
We're doing an after Christmas event. The Sunday afternoon 2p.m onwards.......Inbetween Christmas and New Year.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2008, 09:02 PM
For me it would have to be Christmas morning. I remember Christmas mornings of years ago where we'd always be in each other's houses for a drink, but of course you can't nowadays with the drink/driving law, so that doesn't seem to happen much unless they can walk to yours. Seeing as you have people who can actually walk to yours, then for me, it would have to be Christmas morning, I love people and the more the merrier for me on Christmas Day! Some of them might not want to venture out in the evening when it's dark either? Maybe if they're on there own, they can't leave the kids anyways? Maybe give them a choice! That way, you'll have some round Christmas Eve and some on Christmas morning - perfect!!!! I wouldn't want my neighbours round thankyou, but I am having a few friends
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >