Female 

14-02-2006, 12:38 PM

Smoking Ban - what is your opinion?

What do you all think?
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 12:52 PM
im afraid to say im all for it,, i back it 100% im a non smoker and have watched smoking kill both my nan and grandad
i have passive smoked all my life through other peoples selfishness and i try my hardest to keep my kids away from it, it smells, its expensive, its a health hazzard to not only those who smoke but also to those who dont so the sooner its banned the better IMO anyway
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 12:56 PM
Must admit, I don't like fags. Nothing annoys me more than being in a cafe or restaurant and someone lighting up whilst I'm eating. Will be nice to be able to go into cafes, bars etc and not come out smelling like I've bathed in an ashtray. So yeah, I'm all for it
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 12:57 PM
I'm not a smoker, but I dont support the ban 100% I think it's a good idea in principle but I think perhaps a bit too controlling, I think that people have a right to smoke and if they want to, why should they be banned from going in public places ? I think smoking inside restaurants cafes etc should be banned but say if you are at a outside event that is classified as a 'public space' then I think people should be allowed to smoke.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 01:00 PM
Yes I'm all for banning smoking too after seeing my mum go downhill the last five years and eventually die because of it. I hate the smell of smokers too when you walk past them in shops, it really hits you if you aren't used to the smell.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 01:12 PM
Hi!!!
I'm totally for a ban, I got fed up of trying to make sure my son didn't get hit in the face by a cigarette when he was smaller, because someone was smoking in front of us and not watching what they were doing! It stinks and I don't want to smell it! Why am I so anti??? Because i'm one of those AWFUL ex smokers!!!!!! Nothing worse than a reformed smoker! Tee hee hee!!!! Seriously though, why should other people have to have their health damaged just because another person wants to smoke? I have to say though, I think it would be totally impossible to implement a total ban...how do you stop someone smoking at an outdoor event?????? Buses are supposed to be smoke free nowadays...like that works! It's a good idea in principle but can't see it working myself...sorry went on a bit there!!!!
Sponge
Dogsey Veteran

14-02-2006, 01:15 PM
In scotland it comes into force ont hr 26th of March.....you will no longer allowed to smoke in any public enclose space...it club, bingo pub resturaunt, workplace etc.....

I think it is a good idea..........guess what I am.....yep EX SMOKER
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 01:26 PM
I gave up smoking 7 months today!
I hate it. My OH smokes & he stinks. I think they should ban it altogether in public places. My lungs are still clearing. I don't want smokers infecting them still.
As a ex smoker i know smokers are selfish! I was. By banning it will encourage people to give up
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 01:32 PM
WOO hOO all ex smokers unite.....!!!!!!!!!!!!
I do have the occassional 1 every few months but very rarely now(usually only after a few drinks!)

I think i was very considerate when i smoked, i never smoked indoors - even at other peoples houses who said i could!, i always made sure i NEVER smoked around kids or animals and i always made sure i was downwind of anyone i was smoking near.... I just wish other smokers would afford us the same consideration!

I think indoor smoking should defo be banned, the only place we go out now is a non smoking bar- you pay 20p a pint more but you dont get sore throats an stink when you come out!

Impossible to implment though in outdoor public areas!

alex
xx
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 02:24 PM
my OH is an ex smoker also and he is worse thn me lol

im so proud of him, he quit when i was pragnant with our son and has been quit almost 3 years now, i must admit when he announced he was going to quit
(after seeing an NHS poster of an unborn baby in a womb filled with smoke accompanied by the caption "daddy when you smoke i do too" )
i really didnt think he had the will power to do it

but he did and ive never been prouder of my man ,, he now HATES it, the smell drives him nuts and hes worse than 50 non smokers put together
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »