View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Bev, my daughter had a cold in September and has suffered with an awful barking cough for weeks since, plus wheezing. She's much better now, the cough isn't so bad and she's not wheezing, but she was prescribed antibiotics (which did nothing except cause a reaction) and an inhaler (she's not asthmatic). It seems it was a virus and it was a case of waiting it out I'm afraid.

I did give her Manuka honey and a higher dose of vitamin C.

Hugs, I hope you feel better soon.
xxx
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2012, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
After a few days of being very chesty and feeling rough I have woken up this morning aching from head to toe. I struggled to get out of bed and tried to get Lily out for a walk but my legs ached so badly i had to turn round and come back home i just couldn't do it. It was just sheer grit determination that got me out of bed and trying to move.
I have never had flu in my life, ao wouldn't really know what it felt like, and have had the flu jab so could this be flu still?

You certainly can. I had a swine flu jab in the hospital where I work, and then promptly went down with a very nasty dose of swine flu over christmas - nicely scuppering my poor hubby's 60th birthday party, which was a non-event because I was so poorly.

Rather understandably, I have never had a flu jab since!
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2012, 10:57 PM
Yes you can, my GP told me they vaccinate you for last years strain of flu virus, so just as much chance of getting this years strain even if you've had the injection. I'm diabetic, but don't have the vaccine any more as it used to make me feel really ill.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2