Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2023, 07:45 AM

Frabjous Friday 13th January 2023

Morning peeps. I hope today is a frabjous one for all. Take it easy Kelly. I know you won't but try to. Hope everyone else has a good day and all problems get to be sorted. It is the thirteenth but hey it isn't raining.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-01-2023, 08:55 AM
Morning brenda and all who follow.
Well I hope it's more frabjous today than the last few days.
Somehow especially the car issue I feel it won't be.
It turns out someone has tried to soup up the ECU unit something to do with the performance so it has to be re-mapped back to factory settings and hoping not to find an issue that is going going to cost loads. Could be someone has tried to make it more powerful why I have no idea it was already a powerful enough car. Or make the fuel use more economical or could be masking something worse (hoping not).
Then there's the lights I said to Gorden Monday it was dark when we left here something is wrong with these lights it was daylight Sunday test driving and bringing it home.
Gorden followed a lorry home Monday so he didn't notice so much. Turns out they have changed the units from Xenon lights to halogen not as powerful and the knock it had needed a new bumper the wrong bumper has been put on.
The lights cannot be re-mapped. So we need to look for units on ebay as new ones are £750 each. Bumper not so bad £99.
Peed off is not the word here, lets hope the drains get cleaned today at least one thing will have been sorted.
I am going to look up our rights as a private buyer It's possible the guy didn't know about these things or he is in it up to his neck.

griff as brenda says take it easy and think of yourself for once.
Sue hope your day isn't so busy.
Chris hoping Gary is doing ok after yesterday. Also that you have had a peaceful afternoon and evening and it continues to be calm today.
Kazz have a good day.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2023, 09:14 AM
Morning all
Brenda and Lynn, I think I have a day of nothingness but I will find something to do!
Lynn, I am really very very sorry to hear of your problems with the car, it's really unfair....I hate having to look at cars. Steve's is o.k but I think he will be getting rid, he says it's too small etc, it filled a gap I guess, I need to order a new headlining for it.
Just waiting for the Tesco delivery to come and then will decide what to do with myself
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-01-2023, 09:27 AM
Please try to find nothing to do.

As for the car we have to either decide to pay out and hope we can sort the lights out through ebay and that nothing sinister comes up on the investigation and remapping of the ecu. Options will be pay and use it or if too much money sell it as it is for as much as we can get and be honest.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-01-2023, 09:41 AM
We have a plan now. Picking the vauxhall up later it is going to be booked into Thurlow Nunn for re-mapping back to factory settings and hopefully as Donna was saying some boy racer has tried to soup it up and whoever has done it does not know the right mapping.
Her head mechanic who works magic on everything is leaving today. 49 and terrible arthritis so is going back to tramping (lorry driver) out all week.
He has a Vauxhall Insignia 2010 so he took his car apart yesterday to try some parts from his car on ours to see if he could figure it out that way.
Unfortunately it didn't work.
He will be missed. He always thinks outside of the box and finds ways to fix things and has lots of bits and bobs hanging around that can be re-used.
Get that sorted then sort the lights.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2023, 10:05 AM
Moring people

BREAKING NEWS HERE washing on the line blowing and drying LOL

Lots of bits and pieces done here this morning.

Lynn pleased you have a plan, hope it all comes together.

Griff Busy doing nothing sounds a really good idea.

Brenda Hope you do not et blown away while walking this morning.

Chris What are your plans for this weekend brekkie out obviously on the cards does your daughter struggle a bit more during the cold weather? Reading your information on your thread yesterday you are right you truth is often stronger than fiction. Hope it sorts itself out with a win win on all sides.

Sue Doubt your day will be doing nothing Nan's Taxi in full use I imagine. What did you do with yourself before you started your side-line LOL What ever you do have a good day.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2023, 10:41 AM
Good morning everyne

Yes take it easy Kelly.

Hope you enjoyed your walk Brenda

Get as much washing done as possible today Kazz because as you say it is a drying day

Oh dear Lynn just hope it is a case of remapping back to factory settings and problem solved. I know what you mean regarding the lights my car is like that and Barrys is xenon and much better on unlit roads. Unfortunately I think it would be your word against his and no happy outcome for you.

Hope all is good with you Chris.

School run done this morning, Teazle walked and library visited. Now having a coffee before the housework. Before all this I had time to do gardening at my leisure and not fit bits in around the school runs. Unfortunately it would seem that they will all be going back to Brazil in August as his wife is worried about finding work over here so it will be back to having a holiday to see them.

Take care.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2023, 11:36 AM
I have just seen the news about the dog attack in Surrey. Dreadfull.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2023, 11:41 AM
Oh no Sue!!!! I am sorry, the girls had settled in so well!!!! I am sure you will miss them so very much. Does that mean your son will go back too??
Lynn, praying the remapping works, generally if you need to replace the ECU these places do an exchange type thing ...they fit you one and send yours off for repair and the next person does the same etc. Fingers crossed it gets sorted and will turn out to be a reliable car.
Kazz, we have sun here too...bit breezy but much better than the last few days!
I am going to get a birthday cake for my dad and then.....who knows.
I have had a call from the CT department, scan is booked for 8.25 next Saturday morning, bloody early start for me! My mum creases me.....was there not a later time?? ( It's an urgent scan) then it was....hmmmm, that could be problematic! I am getting my hair cut, errrrrr it's my bloody kidneys.....I just said, well you aren't talking to dad so you will be getting the bus and dad can mind the dogs....... absolutely insane that I am unable to leave my dogs because she has refused to leave the house.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2023, 03:41 PM
Good afternoon all.

A bright and very, very breezy morning but thankfully coming from the west so we were sheltered for all of our run except on our own street from the village and that bit was blooming freezing

Gary is fine toothwise. No pain, no swellings so so far, so good. Technology wise he is a pain in the a*se.

My daughter does suffer a lot more in the winter and tends to hybernate until the warmer weather hits

Sorry to hear you will be losing your grandkids again Sue. It must be hard for you after getting so close to them and I'm guessing the kids aren't too happy about leaving all their activities here. Is Ben going back with them?

Lynn, the car situations sounds a nightmare. Good luck with it
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >