Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2023, 08:09 AM

Tiddling Thursday 12th January 2023

Morning folks. Yep still tiddling here. Rain that is. Chris yep I am not sure if I will get through all these Cazalet family series of books. But I will give it a go. Hope you don't have to much grief from the dentist with Gary. Deep breath. Kelly hope you get sorted soon. Lynn hope Freya enjoys nursery next time she goes. Kazz I am wishing I had a garden now but not with all this wet stuff. When the chap came to do the open reach stuff he was saying he is really fed up with it now as he has to work whatever the weather. Apparently his wife says he is always moaning about it but I think we all are fed up with it. Sue have a good day. And everyone else.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-01-2023, 09:03 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Not raining here but it has been and is very breezy and unseasonably warm, I think that is about to change though over the next few days.
Volvo back. Drives much better but the abs lights are not off. Bit of a hoo ha at the garage.
A new young mechanic rang after some mix up about whether he or the boss was ringing. He didn't ring and neither did he order the drop link bar so a job that could have been done relatively easily and quickly has taken from Monday till today.
The CV joints do need doing and they contain the sensor that will most likely turn the warning lights off they have checked the car is safe to drive and Gorden says it is so much better to drive we can now brake in a straight line. The head mechanic who will soon be leaving to do a warmer job finished ot off and will be checking out the Vauxhall.
So no charge as yet for the Volvo they have asked when we have the Vauxhall back to take the Volvo back down and they will do the CV joints and lights should go off and the knocking on full lock will disappear.
Donna who owns the garage said he is a young lad and willing to learn but doesn't listen and ask questions, we thin k he may have had a verbal ear rattling.
We will wait to see if the highways turn up to sort the blockage and if a return email comes through from the local councillor.

Thank you brenda I think Freya will be ok in time with the nursery she has been unwell so that didn't help yesterday.
Not sure how many sessions they have had to pay for but while they have their money she will be going unless too unwell to attend. Plus Mark feels as she will more than likely be an only child and we are all guilty of giving in to her she needs to go so she doesn't become a spoiled little girl.

Chris good luck with Gary today.
Kazz is it a day off today ? Hope you enjoy it.
Sue busy morning ? Hopefully now enjoying a coffee.
griff how are you today and things at home ?
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2023, 09:22 AM
Good morning Brenda and Lynn

Things never seem to get sorted quickly do they Lynn. Hopefully both cars will soon be running smoothing again and no problems. Freya will soon settle and as you say needs to be with other children to learn to share and play. My two were completely different when they went to play school. Paul, eldest, just sat playing with lego by himself and Ben had to be peeled off me and then would lie sobbing in a corner. Both soon learned to join in and then couldn't wait to go.

Hope dentist goes well for Gary Chris.

Hope things are settling down for you Kelly.

Wet here too. No school run this morning but this afternoon and the gymnastics run. Wait to hear if I have to do tomorrow morning but will be running around again tomorrow afternoon. Also have to get to a riding lesson by 4.00pm so Ana will have to change in the car as won't have time to wait at home after dropping the other two off.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-01-2023, 09:59 AM
Morning Sue. Sounds like you start to get busy this afternoon.
Maybe a nanny nap now ?

Yes I am sure she will. Mark never went to a play group he was such a sensitive soul. Michael did and loved it.
Mark hated school and struggled till he was in his teens. He told his nanny once my mum he didn't want to grow up.
He is now a confident outspoken young man and has been since he was in his late teens.
All different but I am sure Freya will soon get into the routine of going and be running the nursery by next month.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2023, 10:23 AM
Good morning all

Not a day off have work today, just sitting doing nowt really, can't get into anything before work as get absorbed. LOL

Brenda I think that the garden is the major reason I would struggle to move, that and the excellent neighbours lot to be said for both but good neighbours and none intrusive are a blessing as a neighbour I spoke to this morning said. Its not raining here however it is overcast tomorrow though is supposed to be a good day bright and sunny so will hopefully get the bedding on the line on my day off.

Lynn Hopefully the cars will all be resolved by the weekend sure the lad will learn sad your "senior" mechanic is moving on but how else do the juniors move up? Never say never with the only child syndrome but only or multiple she is living a great life and brining so much joy. to you all. Has Josh broke cover yet?

Sue Busy as always. Pleased the girls have settled in well.

Chris Will be thinking of you with the dentist visit sure all will be good.

Griff Hope everything you are doing today is good with and for you.

Moyra Hope you are having a good week as well.

Catch you are all later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-01-2023, 11:02 AM
Hi Kazz good neighbours are a blessing.
No news from Joel no message back at Christmas that I asked for to say the money transfer arrived so I guess it did. I am sure he would have been in touch if it hadn't.
He didn't send a message to his dad wishing him Merry Christmas like I asked either, poor Mark is still worrying what went wrong as he thought they seemed to be in a good place even when he said he was going to Harlow for a few days, it was amicable.
He hasn't taken his passport or his x box all still at Marks so even more baffling.
Mark was talking more openly at Christmas Michael was about and they do chat together on the phone too.
Mark is upset that he went to Harlow for Donna's dads Birthday in August not about that obviously but that he didn't come home for Freya's Birthday but made time for one of his younger brothers and could of come home for Freya but chose not too.
In fact even we noticed that he would ignore Freya most of the time he was around her. She would look at him longingly for interaction.
Jealousy possibly but he is 20, 21 in March so he should have been old enough to suck up the fact Mark had another child especially all that Mark and Lauren have done for him.
Free board and bed when he had no job, toiletries, food, paid for haircuts. Picking up and dropping off mostly in Harlow and sometimes Braintree when his girlfriend moved there and they were still together.
Football matches, pick ups from the station if he got the train back to Cambridge, so goodness knows why he is acting the way he is even with us.

We are all quite hurt, baffled and a bit cross to be honest with the attitude from him.
What can you do though but let it go by.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2023, 11:15 AM
Lynn I wonder if he the saying "familiarity breeds contempt" comes into play in that Joel is so that he knows you all so well and you are always there that he is kinda "yeah always there etc etc sort of reaction" whereas his Mom makes him work for the attention. This is just my just before logic.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2023, 11:30 AM
Oh Lynn, families are a baffling thing to me. Hope it stops raining soon as haven't been out yet. I have though had to move my stereo a bit because of needing a wall socket that was near to it and didn't want to buy an extension needlessly and yep what I have done has made it sound so much better. I love listening to music, even when tinnitus is a pain. I just can't sing anymore as I sound weird now. Have a good afternoon folks.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-01-2023, 12:30 PM
Could be right Kazz.
My dad had tinnitus brenda not nice.
Families sure are baffling.

Michael said to me once you have sorted the money and wished him Happy new year stop contacting him. He also said even if him and Mark had a falling out he shouldn't behave the way he has after all Mark is his dad and been good to him.
So we have all backed off now he doesn't reply anyway. Till he needs something, I keep saying to Mark he is half Donna and her family's genes and from what I know of them not a good gene to have running through your bloodline.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2023, 12:39 PM
Afternoon all
Just on my way to the hospital, prepared for an argument but hopefully I get someone with a braincell!!
Sue, you are a terrific nan, you remind me of my nan...very giving and nothing is too much trouble.
Lynn, likewise, you are a brilliant nan and very very patient. I actually think it's a poor reflection on his mother, even though mum didn't get on with dad's family, she always had us send thank you notes for cards and presents, sadly.....he does sound like his mother and from what you say, it does sound like jealous with Freya. Funny thing is though, even though she has come along, has it deprived him of anything??? Absolutely not.
Brenda, there's some new things out now supposed to help with tinnitus, I haven't got round to buying them yet myself, I will find the website later
Kazz, if you have good neighbours, can manage the house and bills.....stay put! Honestly, I wouldn't wish what my family have gone through on anyone
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >