Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2023, 10:48 AM

Wednesday 11.01.2023

Good Morning all

Just off to work and thought hey ho start the daily.

Not a bad day weather wise by the looks of it and the bin men have been successfully it seems as the rubbish appears to have gone in the bin wagon not the street. The wind has not been helping of course.

I too ignore the smart meter letters not broke don't fix it.

Catch you all later
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2023, 11:10 AM
Morning
It's not the letter that we all got about a voluntary meter swap, it's the fact that her meter was nearing the end of its life....they have to be renewed after so many years apparently, I know our gas one got done and we originally refused....they said they would get a court order and gain access lol. The engineer told her that analogue meters are being phased out and everyone will end up smart....I won't do it until I have to, I can't be bothered with dealing with the dogs and workmen.
Dad's been to see the nut Dr, I gave mum a note to give to the Dr, he actually read it and spoke to my dad, he has come back and given me an entirely different version of what he said to the Dr. Mum called me and told me what had gone on immediately after they came out...she is still at the hospital for an appointment. He has been told no more than 4 pints a week, is being referred to an alcohol group and has been prescribed sleeping tablets, the Dr did say that it's Safe for him to stay at work and he has no concerns about him endangering anyway.....that's good! Mum said to the Dr she had had enough and he deliberately acted shifty, dad said he is up to nothing and I just said with all due respect, you looked me in the eye and lied to me, so don't be surprised if I don't believe you.i am taking him to town to see what alcohol free versions of lager are available in the places he goes with his friends
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-01-2023, 11:22 AM
Morning Kazz and all to follow.
A lovely bright breezy sunny day and first lot of washing on the line. More in the machine making the most of the weather. (Making hay while the sun shines).
Well another fraught start to the day. Needed to move the Vauxhall so the guys coming in to our garden to put up next doors for their solar panels going up at the weekend could park the truck on the front and work from there.
Vauxhall wouldn't start, Wendy rushing to get to work found some jump leads as our battery pack also decided not to work. Not sure who we've upset.
Scaffolding now up Vauxhall being charged.
Volvo hopefully home today drop link and tracking needed doing and hopefully when done the abs lights will go off.
Vauxhall goes in first thing tomorrow morning so needs to start for us. No rain yet and hopefully won't be until after the contractors for Anglia water have been and sorted this blockage.
We can at this time use the toilet phew.
Freya very upset going to nursery and Lauren said she had a message that she has become to attached to one of the nursery workers so they have moved her to the next group already in the hopes she settles they think leaving it to long it will be harder for her to move on.
Guy just been while Gorden was outside and guess what not Anglian waters jurisdiction but highways and they will try to tell us it's Anglia water so to tell them Anglia water have been and confirmed it's not their issue.
Wonder how long it will take for them to come out.
Please no rain dances till this is sorted.
Well that's my daily news so far, hoping it improves as the day goes on.

griff sorry to read all your news worrying and time consuming. Take care of yourself while caring for others.
I know only too well the toll it can take.
Chris good to know you are feeling better hope Dave is catching up.
Sue hope you are home having a coffee.
brenda hope your day and walk will turn out to be nice.
Kazz hope work is easier today.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-01-2023, 11:25 AM
In the end I voluntarily swapped to smart meters after our energy company kept asking me meter readings two to three times a week.
I was sure this was a ploy to get me to change, in the end I did our meters are in very awkward places and it was getting tiring doing the readings so I gave in.
I must say I do not miss having to access the meters.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2023, 11:40 AM
Morning, just about. The Open Reach chap has been and what a lovely man. He tidied everything as he went and wouldn't accept any gift. Apparently not allowed to. Anyway fingers crossed it all works now with no problems. Have a good day everyone. I did go for a walk along the beach briefly while he was working outside.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-01-2023, 12:08 PM
There are some good workmen around glad you found one brenda.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2023, 12:13 PM
He was really lovely and has a rescue Greyhound. So of course we nattered about dogs.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-01-2023, 12:30 PM
That's lovely.
Hoping we have found someone at the Highways dept who will be able to sort our problem for us.
Sensible lady Gorden said who is ringing the appropriate people to tell them this is not the usual emergency but needs sorting asap.
If not a local councillor next.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2023, 01:27 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Hope Volvo problem sorted and that tomorrow the Vauxhall is sorted. It is always the fault of someone else when you contact a company. Hopefully you now have the right people to sort the problem Lynn. (lot of problems there)

Hope dad listens to what he has been told and that you and mum can concentrate on yourselves Kelly.

Busy morning washing and ironing, no school runs today. Washing still on the airer as still no outside line, Been for a hair appointment and also down the tip. Now coffee and if still dry take Teazle out again.

Take care everyone
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2023, 01:50 PM
It's coming over dark and now raining so I hope you stay dry Sue.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >