Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2023, 08:17 AM

Spirit Saturday 7th Janujary 2023

Well a banshee I am not as I am not heralding anyone dying. Also though as a spirit maybe yep lots of spirit, it certainly would get rid of sore throats but maybe not heads. Very windy here. Still quite grey so not been for a wander yet. Probably not down the beach as it is so windy. Hope you all have a good day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-01-2023, 09:50 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Very windy here too and spitting with rain. I agree to avoid the beach brenda the wind may spirit you away.
Maybe popping out later to look at cars of course they have to be able to tow the caravan so it makes things a little more trying.
Had an offer for the Chrysler on ebay we are waiting a while longer before accepting, had a cheeky chap round last night trying to teach a Grandmother and father how to suck eggs.
We politely declined his offer, he wanted it to chop up and fill his container he sends to Poland. Sadly for him he still has to find something to top up his container.

That really is a nuisance Chris not being able to get rid of the sore throat.
griff Happy Christmas.
Sue hope your weekend is relaxing.
What are you cooking today in your new saucepans Kazz.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2023, 10:24 AM
Good morning Brenda and Lynn

Definitely not beach walking weather Brenda

Good luck with car hunting and the selling of the Chrysler.

Hope sore throat clears soon Chris and that the new medication sorts Dave's diabetes.

Dry first thing but started raining jut as I got back withTeazle and hasn't stopped since. Been down to shopping outlet near Eastbourne and got myself a new warm waterproof coat. Half price so dead pleased. Quiet weekend as family are going to the local adventure park near them. Paul is off out early tomorrow as he has to get to Stratford International with Maria for the Abba concert which starts at 5.00pm. So hope trains are behaving there and back.

Take care
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2023, 11:15 AM
Morning all
It's pelting here, I am going to get soaked!!! I will hide undercover until the last minute when Steve picks me up from outside his works, was going to get all dressed up but I think I will wear my jeans as I have to walk Molly too so will get filthy now.
Just had a letter from the hospital, the blood test I had done on the 28th showed raised liver enzymes and I have to have another in exactly 2 weeks so the 12th.... managed to get one booked. God knows what has caused it as I didn't get wrecked over Christmas
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2023, 12:29 PM
Good afternoon all

A day in for us. 40 mph winds and rain so Kindle it is
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2023, 12:55 PM
Good morning all

Sue Isn't it great when you get bargain and exactly what you want. Next on my list is good pair of walking shoes/boots not seen anything but making an effort in this year to find some (like to wear them in while original still good) Sounds like a nice day for you both.

Lynn What sort of car do you think you will get for puppy and caravan movement? Looks like you have priced right to get interest already. Not sure what I am cooking today but hey will be something. LOL

Griff HAPPY CHRISTMAS. Try to stay dry as you can, why do you think its alcohol that's raised your liver count could it be other things?

Chris Sure your throat will ease, time heals. Does Dave feel "off kilter" or has it be noticed by tests? whichever I hope he starts to get back to "himself" shortly. How is your lad coping with all this under the weather ness has he caught or had anything?

Brenda Have you thought about getting yourself a kite? in fact does anyone fly kites on your beach? Not done that for years myself in fact may get myself one and fly it in Sutton Park.

Moyra Hope you are enjoying 2023.

Not doing anything myself today may read a little which could then turn into a lot. Going to join a rambling group tomorrow so Sunday will be walk days.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2023, 01:00 PM
Yeah Kazz it's most likely my treatment but I am supposed to avoid alcohol.....I haven't but I am always careful with it. Last time it happened they put me on an injectable chemo and my bloods went off the scale....so I refused to have it again. I had an agreement with my old consultant 4 pints a week but I have drunk more than that with no reflection in my bloods. Just getting fed up with it being one thing after the other, with everything else chucked into the mix.... getting annoyed.
Chris, don't get blown away!!!
Lol....thanks for my Christmas wishes, hopefully no arguments tonight
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2023, 02:29 PM
Kazz they do kite surfing down here. If anyone fancies a film then I can recommend Rory's Way. Well I enjoyed it. Found it on iplayer. Haven't been for a walk as it keeps raining and then sunny and then rain again. Still very windy. I am reading a collection of books by Eliazabeth Jane Howard called The Cazalet Chronicles. There are seven books to get through.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2023, 03:43 PM
Throat is slightly better today so I'm guessing a few more days and it will be gone.

When Dave's bloods go high, he gets a sort of thrush down below (don't tell him I told you as he gets very embarrassed by it). As soon as it started he tested his blood on his home gadgety thing and it showed 12.6. He's also been very sleepy so hopefully when the new meds kick in that may improve too

Gary has been very patient with us during the illnesses and thankfully hasn't caught it himself. There has been a few parties over the Christmas and new year period where he lives so he's had company and a pleasant time. I was worried about Christmas Day when he came here, but so far so good.

We are though back on sorting out techie problems. His fitbit, Huawei watch and computer. I think I got it just about sorted, but probably not to his satisfaction
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2023, 04:52 PM
Pleased to hear throat is getting better. Did manage a walk this afternoon but now chucking it down and very windy. Playing havoc with TV signal. Have a good evening folks.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >