View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2023, 12:55 PM
Lynn, don't use the head sealant, it is sh*the, used it myself and didn't fix the issue, as Barry says, it clogs literally everything, we had to have a strip and rebuild with a recon head and they tried jetting the radiator out but the one bit that didn't need blocking got blocked so new radiator required. I am so sorry that things are off to a bad start for you this year.
I am stood waiting for my uncle, I am supposed to meet him at one, I can't stand being late so I am here already....no sign of him, probably won't come
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2023, 01:07 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Good luck with deciding what to do about the car Lynn. Hope all Gorden's problems with the pension will now be sorted.

Enjoy you pork Kazz, I too like stainless steel inside and out for my saucepans.

The insurance claim was not for the window Kazz but for finding out the leak problem that rotted part of his kitchen floor, repair and new floor covering. This has now been paid so one happy Chappy, He was also called in to the police station yesterday, along with others from his road, to look at some pictures of a suspect they had in custody. Heard today they have been charged with quite a few burglaries.

Busy this morning. Barry helped me look at the rotary clothes dryer but have decided to get a new one Old one 8 years old and stands out in all weathers although with a cover so has served me well.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-01-2023, 01:42 PM
Thank Kelly. We have decided not to do it. Started to list it on ebay spares or repair as a runner but we can't find the V% doc everything else but that so paid £25 for a new one.
Gorden says he overlooks cars without a V5 doc always makes him suspicious should be here in 5 days and will then be listed won't get much for it but the motherboards in them are worth a bit.
I know from when my last Grand Voyager went up the creek gearbox issues not cheap to fix so listed it on ebay some guy snapped it up paid £300 for it non runner just for that cash same day, I'm going back at least 11 years.
He admitted they strip them down and can earn about £1000 or more for seats, computer chips, tyres etc.,
L&G paperwork is ready to go so we are going out to get some shopping and a coffee. Dreadful 6 days in and want the end of the year already.

Hope your Uncle was on time griff.
brenda there must be a black hole somewhere swallowing things up.
Sue glad your son got his payout and that they have arrested the culprit for the break ins.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2023, 01:59 PM
Sometimes I wish one would swallow me up. but never mind as said others are having more problems than me.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-01-2023, 02:07 PM
I think we all feel like that some days brenda.
I do today too. Or rather a go back to bed day wake up tomorrow and today is wiped clean of all problems.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2023, 03:21 PM
Lol Brenda, add me to that list! I was hoping for a year with less drama...not happening
Lynn, Steve's cmax was going to cost £600 to fix hadn't spent a penny on it In all the years he has it, I just happened to find a website for scrapping cars... recycling all the bits, they gave him £300 he was well chuffed that he got that much. It is always a tricky dilemma with what to do...where do you draw the line etc. We always get massive bills because 2 ae BMWs and one a classic Jag.
Uncle turned up, was o.k, didn't want food just a cup of tea, he was sober but looking at him I would say he is/ was a hard drug user, his teeth are rotten and he was saying that his best mate is on heroin still.....I honestly don't know what went wrong In his life, he had th best childhood, was very loved and cared for...I just don't know. He was appreciative of the coat and clothes and meals I made and he said he was chuffed to see me.o gave him a tenner and said don't blow it all on booze, he said he wouldn't but I just laughed and said I knew him.... can't get himself in too much bother with £10, especially been an alchy....I have seen him upright and holding a conversation after a litre of vodka. I did say I was amazed that he was still alive and I wondered how
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2023, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Very experienced mechanic performed tests he could smell something was off when he took a part off and used some sort of liquid they use to pump into the relevant bit and then see what happens and the fluid changed colour that is apparently the first indication that something is off and most likely a head gasket issue.
It will have to be looked at in depth to find what can be causing it and that will result in time, which is labour cost and possibly lots of money to fix.
We are weighing up do we try the diy solution or just accept whatever we do may not fix it or it is going to need a mortgage to fix it on a car that's done 125,000 miles.

Well it just gets worse we sent the paperwork for the L&G annuity to be paid out monthly 4 weeks ago. Gorden is trying to chase it and now needs an email account to be able to track what's going on.
Done that and they have apparently not received so now filling out the paperwork again today is silly I should have had it tracked.
Granted it wasn't in an official envelope but a plain white one with an official address on it, I'm guessing it's in an in tray somewhere and getting overlooked.
So today it will be sent first class, tracked, official envelope and can take another 4 to 6 weeks to process.
I know there have been postal strikes but apart from things being a day or two late we have not suffered that much disruption.
Fingers crossed that's our lot out of the way for the year.

Lynn I had a problem like that once and decided to use a different bank account on 3rd set of letters/forms back guess what they paid the money to the original bank account so they did have the forms. Just a suggestion
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2023, 04:12 PM
Well I am home and do not want to tempt fate but having a good day really enjoyed myself yet done nowt.

Brought my saucepans, had the coffee and a fantastic catch up.

Decided against Sainsburys and went to asda, topped up on some tinned fruit etc really starting to enjoy that as a pudding. Also got some apples and making an apple crumble tomorrow with the remainder of that did not make it in with the pork today which smelt gorgeous when I came home.

Have to go to Sainsburys tomorrow as need new bag of Demerara and golden caster sugar I like Billingtons for sugar.

Pork now in the oven to crisp the crackling (adore crackling)

In fact a good day. Catch you all in an hour or two
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2023, 04:41 PM
Well I have decided no dark hole but to just scream as some emails still not coming through, mainly notification from companies, not that they matter, it's just weird. Oh well going to watch Waterloo Road and then As time goes by. Have a good evening all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-01-2023, 05:49 PM
Screamings good brenda.
Glad the saucepan shopping went well Kazz.
Nice to hear you had a nice meet up with your Uncle griff. Did Steve return to work yesterday if so how did he get on ?

Been out for a bit of shopping and we had a coffee and cake while out and digested the bad news from this morning.
Paperwork re-submitted to L&G in the official envelope and first class tracked.
Didn't track it last time but it was sent 1st class.
Chrysler listed on ebay as spares or repair and a starting bid of £500. Lets see how that goes.
Part worn tyre now on the Volvo too.
Fingers crossed all goes well from now onwards.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >