Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-06-2016, 03:56 PM

Fox

Just seen a fox in our back garden today so called to "er indoors" and she went out to scare it off. Easy for her as sh even scares me. But talk about being bold strolling about at 4.45pm
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-06-2016, 04:47 PM
We sometimes see foxes running across the fields when driving into our local town. Until around a month ago there was also one in the woods opposite our house which barked each evening, driving Georgina mad! Happily its disappeared, probably due to the fact that tractors are working in the fields until late at night.

A couple of months ago I was just about to open the gate at the back of my house, intending to take the dogs for a walk through the top of my land and onto the farm track when I saw something moving in the grass. When I looked closer I saw it was a wild cat, the first I've ever seen. Needless to say our walk was abandoned!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2016, 06:37 PM
I am in the deepest darkest countryside and it is very rare to see a fox here. They are heavily persecuted by gamekeepers and farmers and so are extremely shy creatures and almost always nocturnal. I can count on one hand the number I have been lucky enough to spot in my nearly 10 years living here.

I lived and worked in London for a short period in my 20s and I was amazed at how bold and numerous urban foxes were. They were almost as tame as dogs on Blackheath Common.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-06-2016, 06:49 PM
Yep I live in London and get foxes in the garden most days and often see them walking down the road in broad daylight.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2016, 07:52 PM
We had a young vixen stroll across the field right underneath our bedroom window yesterday morning. She was absolutely gorgeous, no sign of mange. I love to hear them barking at night but sadly they are persecuted around here too, more's the pity.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-06-2016, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by chlosmum View Post
We sometimes see foxes running across the fields when driving into our local town.
When we were in Czech Republic the locals told us that if you ever see a fox during the day it's because it has rabies. We never did, but as you said, at dusk they do come out and sometimes 'bark' it used to drive one of our two dogs crazy as well.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-06-2016, 10:00 PM
Don't think I better post anything on this thread! lol !
Not known for my appreciation of vulpines.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2016, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Don't think I better post anything on this thread! lol !
Not known for my appreciation of vulpines.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2016, 10:54 AM
Absolutely!! To stir you up Gordon, there is a beautiful dog fox who lives up at my parents' house which is currently on the market. Most mornings when I am sleeping over in their old bedroom which looks out over the river and field, I see Reynard trotting across, up the ha-ha, across the old tennis court and into the bushes. He has warn quite a deep pathway through the moss which is very deep and dense. I first noticed him when Dad was alive and I was living up there nursing him, so I am hoping he is the same old boy. He looks quite thin and old and a bit mangey but otherwise seems bright eyed and bushy tailed!
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-06-2016, 09:42 PM
Thanks Gnasher - I will consider myself stirred! lol !
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >