register for free

Dog News

60 emaciated hounds rescued from Alabama dog-fighting ring

...has received 16 comments (page 2)
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2015, 09:27 PM
Yes, he WAS hurting them, though. Just the Feds don't care about that even one tiny bit when all that money is rolling through there. Sometimes it can be forgotten that our government in general does not give a living crap about dogs. Rescue groups etc. do, but the government and laws are NOT on dog's sides.

This is America, this isn't the UK. People don't really serve jail time for hurting dogs, doesn't matter how badly. Take a look about and you'll see that. They might get a few days, weeks, or months for severe animal cruelty and a fine... and then that is it. Almost NOBODY, literally NOBODY serves federal time for animal cruelty... even of the worst kind like Vick. He's no different.

There is pretty much no such thing as animal bans, either. Vick has more pit bulls, though he claims to love them and not fight them anymore. He got them ages ago and nobody said a thing. He shouldn't be allowed to own dogs, especially pit bulls... but there it is.

A quick read through of our law regarding cruelty will kind of let you in on that. Unless it can be proven that you snapped a dog's leg in two, paralyzed him, burned the pads of his feet crippling him, viciously killed a dog, or deliberately did something else extremely severe, you're usually let off without even a warning.

And they have to catch you and prove all this, which is even rarer. Nobody here serves federal jail time for animal abuse, even though the state is loaded with cruelty like chaining 24/7, dog fighting, cock fighting, and tons of neglect and abuse. It's rampant... but nobody does anything.
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-01-2015, 10:46 PM
In other words they should have nailed him for all charges across the board but instead they let him weenie out with just saying he paid others to do the really nasty stuff...even with evidence to the contrary.

Then he got into bed with the animal society guy...
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2015, 11:40 PM
Exactly what happened, they acted like he did nothing, even when it was proven. Had they added those charges, he'd have gotten more time.
Musher
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-01-2015, 08:12 PM
I very much so dislike and disagree with humans breeding dogs as fighters, especially as entertaiment and even more-so entertainment for sale. I am under the impression humans that like "blood-shed shows" should come live in my world for a while to learn to apprecitte life, all life.
As far as I'm concerned if someone does feel bad about the "blood-shed games" and all the parts of that lifestyle leading up to and going away from "the games", and then decides to carry the feelings of ?remorse? or any other ugliness with them, GOOD ENOUGH. We "do it" to ourself.
Musher
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-01-2015, 08:23 PM
mjfromga
OMGoodness. It sounds similar to the policies enacted in dealing with the North American Indian. LOL. What's even worse than that reality is it's still like that today.
Well I can go to the reservation and tell my buddy he's not alone. LOL.
Seriously though, in another discussion thread I stated and am doing so here too...We should enlist the use of e-collars, turn them to MAX and install them on all personelle in all levels in all branches of the government. Use some of their own terrorism on them.
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-01-2015, 01:21 AM
What's chilling is what can possibly be the mindset of those who fight dogs for "sport". It's like humans that hunt for "sport"...I know there's a lot of them and they'll argue about food on the table or thinning the herds...but I wouldn't want to associate with anyone who could do that. Hunting down an animal for the express purpose of ending it's life. Gah, that's somebody who's a sick cookie.

The same for dog fighting. I've seen fights at the dog park. Sophie has killed squirrels and cats n' attacked several dogs. And it's appalling to witness...the screaming, blood, convulsions, horror...and there are these people who set up dog fights intentionally to make money. I think the death penalty is too good for them.
Vicky88
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-01-2015, 09:10 PM
Poor dogs. Just look at those puppies, so cute!. The poor dog though trying to hide behind it's friend. And the French bulldog, bless.
Horrible people who did this and the ones who placed bets, shame on all of them.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top