register for free

Dog News

Dogs Rejoice - A Reversible Contraceptive

Hormone fuelled dogs around the world can breathe a sigh of relief thanks to some clever researchers who have developed a reversible contraceptive.

With an expected price of around Ł35, the implant makes the dog temporarily infertile. It may also help to lessen aggression by reducing testosterone levels.

A European license is expected to be granted within weeks.

Why not tell your dog the good news and watch him smile with relief...

Your comments and views:
Chrisjonesxx
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-07-2007, 12:07 PM
We have four male Cavaliers, one of whom was neutered 6 months ago and two who were neutered a few days ago. We also have 9 females, of whom three are spayed and the rest potentially fertile.

With a large house and several crates scattered about, we manage successfully when necessary.
However, what I would need to know is :-

1.When will we know the 'temporary' contraceptive had worn off ?

2. What guarantees does the product carry.

3. Are there absolutely no adverse side effects.

I will need to be convinced before considering a chemical.
Morgandy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-08-2007, 05:58 PM
I have been looking forward to the arrival of this for over a year. With 3 male Dobermans and two bitches it would be so much easier. The constant whinging 24 hours a day for about a week at a time is hell. I need to keep mine entire for show. HOWEVER 3 vet surgeries told me "never heard of it" one nurse had but said it was on trial for stud dogs!!! And is not available to the public yet. Today I had cause to go in to one of the vets, where a snotty patronizing receptionist told me that it wasn’t in the vet’s news and that you shouldn't believe everything you read on the net as it’s an internet hoax. I would'nt have thought the newspapers would report it if it was. I did tell her that they have been using it in Australia for a few years. Comments anyone?

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top