Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2017, 08:39 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 16th December

Good morning one and all, hope things look a little brighter for everyone in the light of morning, such a hard day all round yesterday.

Lynn, hope you are feeling better in yourself and also Peter and Gill are more comfortable.

Griff, hope your mum didn't seriously hurt herself yesterday and that she is feeling better today too.

Harvey, poor Casey, his heart is willing but his body is weak. Hope he regains some strength bless him. Hope Lara is ok now.

Have got some special insoles for my shoes on order just hope they work.

Hope everyone else is all ok, Have a good day, take care, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-12-2017, 08:52 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Very cold and bright here.

Had a bad night Moyra up in the early hours couldn't sleep. Sent her a long text message explaining why she needs to stay in hospital till the care package comes through and that at such short notice I couldn't take her. If the situation was different and it was just recuperation of course she could of come.
I told her I am not taking sides at all in this and hope she understands and reminded her when mum went to Michaels they voided any care package Essex end and what did she do have a fall and ended up in kings Lynn hospital which then presented other problems re: her welfare.
I hope the nurse Neill asked to go back to speak to her has helped her understand and that Neill can make her see this is the right thing to do not the wrong thing.
And of course that I love her.

We are out later to catch up with Michael and Margaret for coffee as they are booked up all next week as are we.
They are off to my nieces Michael's daughter for boxing day so we shan't see them over christmas this like we did last year.

Harvey sorry to read Casey is slowing down. Dogs are clever and unlike most humans know their limits and won't push themselves beyond them.
Hope the new insoles help Moyra.
griff hope things at home are quieter and mum is better today after her fall.

To everyone else hope you are all well and all four legged friends are to.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2017, 09:33 AM
Have a good day out Lynn and try not to worry too much, there is nothing more you can do at the moment.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-12-2017, 09:39 AM
good morning kiddiwinks

Frosty start this morning, had to smile to myself see a neighbour scraping frost off his car front window screen. His garage is used or anything but putting a car into, then again can you call it a garage to put a car into when it is too small.

Sue just back from taking Teazle for a walk, why don't dogs paws freeze up ? another mystery unsolved.

Nothing plan as of yet so got the whole day to decide what we are going to do
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2017, 11:11 AM
Good morning everyone

Poor Casey just let him do his own thing at his own pace. As Lynn said they seem to know what they can do.

Sorry you had a bad night Lynn but there is nothing you can do at the moment. She is in the right place until her care package is done. Hope her son can talk some sense into her. You and her husband are between a rock and a hard place but you have to think of her best interests. I am sure once she is home she will see this. Enjoy your day out.

Hope your mum is not too sore after her fall Griff.

Nice and frosty out this morning but at least the paths were not slippery. Barry may be thinking of what to do but I have just done two hours in the garden clearing leaves from around plants. What are left can now stay there and mulch down.:-He didn't even offer to make me a coffee

Hope all two and four legged are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2017, 12:16 PM
Hello the gang and newcomers

Well cold but no snow here today. Written neighbour christmas cards, got to buy more not sure what happened.

I am at the end of a cold not fel ill all through but feel rough today, Mom has it too not sure who got it first.....but Mom not bad mind you she had flu jab.

You may or may not of noticed I have not mentioned Brook for a while due to circumstances beyond my control she is no longer with us. But we now have a new temp foster/home trial girl Tia......on the Leics SBT website.

Got to pop out and just jinxed myself while typing this have sleet coming down now.

Back shortly
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-12-2017, 06:29 PM
Evening everyone had a nice afternoon with Michael and Margaret.

Peter has updated on gill they have all had a long chat with her explaining why she has to wait a few days and that they will start chasing the care package for her Monday again. Obviously no one about today or tomorrow being the weekend.
They have said she will be home for christmas as the hospital will be doing their utmost to get things in place as they want as few on the wards as possible over christmas.
Peter says the uti is cleared up for now but she is still having toileting problems as they had to take in clean bits for her. She is clearly unwell and has a walking frame now to use.
Main thing is she calm and has accepted what they have told her today. so I am feeling better.

Kazz sorry to read Brook didn't work out.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2017, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Evening everyone had a nice afternoon with Michael and Margaret.

Peter has updated on gill they have all had a long chat with her explaining why she has to wait a few days and that they will start chasing the care package for her Monday again. Obviously no one about today or tomorrow being the weekend.
They have said she will be home for christmas as the hospital will be doing their utmost to get things in place as they want as few on the wards as possible over christmas.
Peter says the uti is cleared up for now but she is still having toileting problems as they had to take in clean bits for her. She is clearly unwell and has a walking frame now to use.
Main thing is she calm and has accepted what they have told her today. so I am feeling better.

Kazz sorry to read Brook didn't work out.
Thanks Lynn, and pleased it has all calmed down. Home for Christmas
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-12-2017, 07:29 PM
Sincerely hoping so Kazz. If they push the hospital for the care package she should be. Plus I am sure the hospital will want the ward as empty as possible.