View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-07-2016, 06:21 PM
Evening all - how nice of Nippy to get a tree for their pet dwarf to rest his plums on. I presume that is what is meant by a Dwarf Plum Tree!
Same old etc., here murky but warm weather apparently we are due some hot stuff this forthcoming week, won't hold my breath! lol !
Been tootling about with attendant dogs all day - nothing too energetic though.
Just about to go round to visit friends, would sooner not but the Mem insists. Hope it's a quick visit as it interferes with my meal times and that won't do at all. Might have been better suited if it had been a Dinner Invite but it just says round for "drinks" whatever that may mean. Espescially as neither of us "drink" well not in the pitsicato, milk of amnesia way! lol !
Wil be back later, bye fer now.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2016, 06:42 PM
Evening lg. Good that you are only pootling about. Now then needle in haystack time. I am sure sometime ago I posted a video on here of Tyto on the sand in lancing but do you think I can find it? Nope. Any ideas how to find it?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2016, 06:49 PM
Hahaha, poor LG....having to go visiting lol
Brenda, the only thing I could think is to search but I tried that and I can't find it..very odd!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-07-2016, 06:51 PM
Poor Nippy, and I bet she was forced into buying tea and cake, as well as plants
LG have you found the missing 88% as yet I noticed you only had 12% function accounted for in your post the other day after you'd been to be vetted. Was this left in your hospital locker by any chance, or perhaps buried by one of the dogs wanting to be helpful and saving it for you. Hoping the drinks do goes OK and you are back for meals. My son has two types of injections, one is a long lasting one for the whole day, and the other he takes before eating so as to mop up the amount he has. This way he isn't as much tied to times as he was for many years, I remember a few occasions when he keeled over, once the farm dog ate his sandwiches and he didn't tell me till just before his legs gave way, another was when he went swimming and ended up in hospital for a couple of days when they had to stabilise him he was that low. He did tell me about a time when his gf called the ambulance because he had a hypo in his sleep, sadly whilst she was rooting around for things for the paramedics, she came across his passport and discovered he had been lying about his age, and was older than he had told her, they seemed to have survived that hiccup though Things seem a lot better these days in that department, and he did learn eventually because he is still with us.
Zen seems better today and was able to make a few more inroads into the tatty bits at the rear end, she did call time on me pretty quickly, some days she seems more tender than others, but I would say we are making reasonable progress. Some young kids came over to say hello to her and she was so good with them I was amazed. I did explain she had a very poorly back and not to touch her, they stroked her, her shoulders were slightly higher than their's, think I've got a Section A on my hands here Had a good walk with Mabs and Kesh, Mabs did steam up to a group of dogs with a couple, 2 GSD's amongst them, one onlead, so I called her back, she ignored me, the offlead GSD chased her off and bit her bum, there she was all her hackles up parading up and down, but not daring to go any further, how 'brave' is she
Brenda, hoping the class went well today. So sad with Kylie in Corrie wasn't it, kept hoping the ambulance made it in time, but knew it wasn't going to. Very realistic and excellent acting from the pair of them as well.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2016, 07:04 PM
Yep class assessments went well. Can't give the results yet as you never know someone might be on here. Corrie was very good. Shame about the advert inbetween. keep going with the arnica for a few more days while the weather is warm.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-07-2016, 07:50 PM
Hi all had a lovely day at Fakenham then Holt.
I had a lovely present from Gorden Poison girl perfume plus some chocolate.
We have been drinking prosecco and had a lovely fresh crab for tea with salad.
39 years is something to celebrate.
Thank you for all the messages.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2016, 08:24 PM
Sounds lovely Lynn......in this day and age a big acheivement
Awwww bless Zen with the kids...lovely
Steve has just called...I think we are o.k he sounded very down, the dog had an upset tum again so he came back to a mess, works awful and he is very very tired, at least we are on speaking terms....he said he will call me later if he is awake if not tomorrow I am just glad that at least we are on speaking terms
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-07-2016, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
39 years is something to celebrate.
Indeed it is Lynn. Well done to both of you. Apolgies if I didn't post before but as most folk know I usually respond on what I think is called an 'ad hoc' basis (Better ask Gordon what that means 'cos I'm not 100% sure )

Anyway, basically I read stuff, and send good vibes via the hyperspace, but don't always get to type the words. It doesn't mean I'm not thinking of you all and wishing all those 'life problems' go away.

I've been following the story with your 'neanderthal man' and the path and steps and all his crazy actions and it does seem that he is well out of order, it maybe slow but once the council decide he is contravening local bye laws they will act, you and your friends just need to keep it at the top of their agenda.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-07-2016, 09:10 PM
Glad you and steve are on speaking terms griff.
Thank you Harvey, the neanderthal will not get away with it if I have anything to do with it. I think the parish clerk is glad to have someone else to help chip away at the county council.
Poor youngest son emailed him tonight and he sounded down. He drove to Dorset last night from London to try to give Maca her birthday present which got canceled last year a balloon ride but once again it got called off due to weather.
He said he understands that and he doesn't want to die but they are being difficult about refunds and want you to re-book at £35 per person each. He said they are not taking into account petrol costs each time and distance to drive he is cream crackered.
Part from that it turns out he is fine. Mark and Joel coming next Sunday Lauren will drop them off and have lunch then go back she has to work on the Monday. I am hoping to see Gill the following Friday so if Owen is free will bring him back for a few days. It is going to be a very busy Summer.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-07-2016, 09:25 PM
Lynn, I posted Happy Birthday to Gorden and Happy Anniversary to you both on the post I lost,then promptly forgot to put it on the post I eventually did, once I had calmed down. Sorry, thoughts there, not the action. 39 years is a very very long time, I think the sum total of both my marriages was about 9 years, if that, you are both very brave people.
Harvey, hoping to hear about Casey's new GF and the goings on, once its all signed, sealed and delivered.
Griff, be careful please.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >