Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2016, 05:53 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, july 7th

Good morning everyone, not all that warm this morning and no sunshine yet. So hopefully it will brighten up and at the same time warm up too.

Lynn, hope the sale of the Mazda does go through. You're brave taking it out with the prospective buyer.

June, so Zen managed to steal a bone from somewhere, little madam, you cannot blame her.

Harvey, sounds like you are weakening already re getting another dog. Casey will love you for ever if you do !

LG where are you. You have us all worried now, hope it is just because you are busy.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless you all.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2016, 06:42 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Don't worry about opening the thread on Saturday one of us will do it you just concentrate on getting ready and getting to the hospital. We will all be thinking of you.

Will be watching this space carefully Harvey as I have a feeling something will happen quite soon

Poor Zen having to find her own food else she would starve Good idea just to get her checked then you know everything has been covered

Hope the test drive goes well Lynn and yes I would ask Beth to sit in with you then you have a witness should any problem occur. What a good boy Dillon is now and well deserved praise for all the hard work you have had to put in to achieve it.

Well done to Lauryn and a naughty meal once in a while is good for you.

Had a lovely day yesterday. Teazle and Nina (Afghan) have great respect for one another, just one minor upset but don't know what caused it as our backs were turned but then quiet for the whole day. Teazle found my friend's bed so had a good rest
Their dog des't go upstairs, her choice not theirs. The journey home was horrendous. The M3 north was closed from the junction we had to use so were sent round the houses and then the M25 was virtually at a full stop for what we found out to be the repair of one hole but they had to shut 3 carriage ways to do it So a journey that takes just under two hours took three and and half.

Lovely here today and just about to take Teazle out.

Have a good day and stay safe.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-07-2016, 06:56 AM
Hi all yes i have never seen such a balls up as on the M25. Filing in a hole manhole cover size and the motorway virtually shut. More so because all the other motorway traffic was diverted onto it as well. Just shows how good we are at coordination "zero"

on the home front ordered a new wood floor for my Ivor Williams trailer so shall start work on that today taking the old floor out. IW wanted 90£plus VAT plus delivery for a made to measure floor they supply.
Got one a bit bigger that will need shortening a bit but a proper trailer floor for £68 express delivery. Have to admit I am looking forward to the challange. Got loads of garage space to play about with so that wont be a problem.
Thinks take photos first of underneath to see what wiring etc goes where

Ta Ta for now
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-07-2016, 07:23 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue and Tweed.
Overcast here and warm Moyra sun looks like it's trying to make an appearance.
Glad you enjoyed your day Sue shame the journey home was so dreadful.
Good luck with the challenge Tweed.
June not good no reply yet from the other vet. Poor Zen and worrying for you. I am sure it is what has been mentioned but as you say you need to know for definite.

Terrible night last night worrying over Joel and feel so bad for Mark as he said last night he feels so bl**dy helpless about it all. The best solution would be the council recognising he needs to look after Joel and find them a little flat somewhere bet that won't happen. Next best the school to agree to my plan. Gorden doesn't think they will due to the bother with his attendance which has improved but has been bad not so long ago Mark tried one of the letting agencies again yesterday with no success they want earnings of £18,000 or above for a monthly rental of £550 monthly. He doesn't earn that on that a contract (part time) but he is always guaranteed so much overtime and could afford the rent.
The only other option is for him and Lauren to pool their resources and move in together so far very quiet on that front. Think Mark is wary 3rd time around.
Fingers crossed all goes well with the Mazda today and that is taken off my hands. For a price I will be happy with.

Hope everyone is well today and all our four legged friends.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2016, 08:02 AM
Lynn, it is so unfair that Mark and Joel can't be given a place...madness really that you can come from wherever and be given everything yet live here and want to do right by your child and ask for help and get nothing...wrong, very wrong
Morning Moyra
Sue, sounds like a good day was had by all...well except the travelling bit Lol
Tumbleweed, enjoy your project
TW, i hope you hear from the vet soon...might just be really busy? or she could be on holidays? and as for me being a dirty stop out...Lol yep!!!! realistically i am leaving my 2 for a night and gaining 2 bigger dogs.....who also like to sleep on the bed!!! hoping my 2 will be o.k, can't see them being a problem as they just go to sleep in their crates, last time i was away overnight was when i was admitted to hospital and that wasn't with this pair but my old dogs, sure it will be fine, i have told my mum just to call if they are naughty and Steve will bring me straight back no matter what the time is
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-07-2016, 08:19 AM
Morning griff. He has worked all his life so far from leaving school in between jobs he and Michael never went on job seekers due to the fact they couldn't bare queuing with the low lifes of where we lived not all were like that but there were certainly some that were.. Admittedly they lived at home rent free till they got work again but they went without nights out and a beer and their smokes rather than claim.
Mark had to attend the job centre when he was out of work and self employed he got nothing and paid his stamp till they started treating him like he was lower than low and dictating appointments at him. He said I wouldn't mind if you were giving me something but your not.

Are you looking forward to Saturday evening or a bit nervous or a good mix of both ? I am sure you will have a great time.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-07-2016, 08:52 AM
Lynn, you'd think the very fact he wants to do right by Joel and get him attendfing school regularly would make them look favourably on him wouldn't you
Light rain here this morning, will give it half an hour or so and see if its stopped. Really warm though and I'll come back !ike a wet lettuce going out in my wellies
Sue, that traffic is horrendous, they are closing some of the motorway at night here whilst they do stuff, also the ring road, lots of complaints from people living on the main diversion routes, but the thought of them doing it in the day sends shivers up my spine
Griff hoping they are fine whilst you go over to Steve's and no call outs from your mum
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2016, 09:07 AM
Morning all.
I will never understand the powers that be and their decision making. Poor Mark. It has always been the same, the harder you work the less you are thought of. Good luck to them working something out.
Sounds as if everyone is busy today. We are going out for the infamous carvery See you all later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-07-2016, 09:32 AM
You would June. Raining here too now and humid, no walks for us today due to waiting for this delivery so I shan't be looking like a wet lettuce. Hope Beth and Paul return from their outing before I have to do this test drive. A for the delivery and b if Beth doesn't come they will have my reg number and if I'm gone to long be able to alert the authorities. If they aren't back i may let all you know when I am about to leave and say give it an hour and if I haven't let you know I'm back report me missing.
Not sure of that's a bit ott or not ?
Enjoy the carvery Nippy Jen.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2016, 09:36 AM
Nippy, have a fabulous carvery
Totally agree, it is disgusting when you need help you don't get it....my dad had the same thing, had an accident and needed to claim for whilst he was off...he was self employed, the fella actually laughed at him on the phone!!!
Lynn, i am excited...we spent monday morning together....i snuck off Lol didn't say anything to anyone and just went to meet his dogs and well....anyway, first time in 13 years i have been close to anyone and i love him to bits...there you have it! i am a great big wuss, he has turned me soft Lol. He makes me smile and i can never wait to see him again, it is difficult as his job has such awkward shifts, some days he is up at 4am and won't get to finish until 4pm and is obviously shattered after a day driving and dealing with us chavs from cov Lol, this week he starts at around 3pm and isn't finishing until midnight, but he is off tomorrow, saturday, sunday and monday.
Lynn, can you text someone the womans details...phone number etc...i am sure all will be fine but better safe than sorry.
TW, i am sure the pups will be o.k.....i doubt my mum would say anything until i got back anyway
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »