Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2016, 06:26 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, July 1st

Good morning everyone, not a very nice looking one at that, who would believe we are now into July and no summer to speak of.

Griff, so pleased things are going well with Steve, hope it continues. Did you get a good night sleep?

Lynn, that terrible man with his geese. The Council must act surely, not the police.

June, poor Zen, she must wonder what she has done wrong not to get her bone. I do hope there is some improvement in her very soon.

I hope all is well with everyone else, I must get Amber out before it rains again. Have a good day all, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-07-2016, 06:46 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Watching the remembrance of the Somme on BBC1 very sobering and so sad. What those poor men went through and of course what the men in the 2nd world war went through too my dad being one of them and our soldiers who have to face conflict today. All someone's son whatever side they fought.

1st of July today and it looks like the sun is coming out after a dull start.
Might pop up the road later after walking Dillon and take some photos of the way the new resident has changed the route the dangerous steps etc., and email Norfolk CC as well with photos if they load . Will not do it while I have Dillon as I will have to venture near the geese and I will find it difficult to protect him on my own.
Gorden has an early finish today and hopes to be here around 5 -6pm so we are going out for tea.

Hope everyone is well today and all our four legged friends too.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2016, 07:26 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

Hope you manage to dodge the rain today Moyra

Good idea with the photos Lynn, lets hope they take notice. Can't see that it is a police matter just trying to get out of a bad situation I think. Hope Gorden makes it home early so you can go out for your meal tonight.

Hope your new strategy works with Zen June and she is soon 100% fit.

Good that Steve is still making plans for you both hope all continues well for your Griff you deserve it.

Miserable day here again with sogging drizzle hopefully will clear later. Nothing planned fortunately today except to get son moving so he makes it to where he is going before dark. He has been known to pitch a tent in car headlights

Have a good day and stay dry and safe.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2016, 07:59 AM
Wrote a long reply about 30 mins ago and my internet went down just as I posted Grrrrrr
Moyra, what is "summer"? haven't had one for years. It's blustery here but is looks like the sun might come out.
Lynn good luck with the geese situation, something must be done.
Morning Sue
Talking of emails, I emailed a well known firm last week to complain about one of their lorries parking on the pavement. It made it impossible to pass with my walker. When I politely mentioned it to the driver he rudely told me to walk on the other side of the road! so I complained .... still waitng for a reply.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-07-2016, 08:57 AM
Enormous black cloud hovering overhead here, blue sky on either side. As Katherine will be here for 12 the girls will have to have shorter walks so we're back and I'm showered, they're brushed and the house looks tidyish.
LG, I am going to add cabbage to Zens new diet, will start off slowly as it can have dire effects on the rear, mine have brocolli usually, shredded up. One thing I forgot to ask was if she can have ox liver, which I add several times a week to their breakfast. Have a look at Nick Thompsons site when you can, he is a great advocate of raw feeding and natural remedies and is an holistic vet.
Hope Brian is getting over the shock of his brother's death, Nippy, terrible thing to happen. If you aren't getting decent weather down on the English Riviera then its a forlorn hope for the rest of us!
Despite the forecast of a dry day, the black cloud has dumped rain onto us
Must make a move, got to go to the cash machine for Katherines money, my works pension is in today as well. Hurrah
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-07-2016, 09:06 AM
Morning Sue and Nippy Jen.
Dreadful behaviour Nippy Jen.
Hope the weather brightens up Sue and your son gets to where he needs to be before dark.

Interesting walk today very short dillon laid down while I was chatting to a lady we meet sometimes with a lovely little rescue terrier we were talking about the footpath. It would seem it is being aired in the local parish meetings, the Dr. who lives across the road has lodged a complaint not sure if with the parish or local council.
Then came along two ladies one is a dog walker and walks two labs and the other has a little terrier. One of the labs has had his tail attacked and the other lady like me will not go down the footpath on her own without company due to the geese.
Off to get some photos and and send an email.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-07-2016, 09:34 AM
Good luck with Zen June. One thing I have learnt over the years through research is and I know Zen doesn't have arthritis but it is recommended to feed lower doses of broccoli if your dog suffers with arthritis and any potato or tomato related fruit or veg something in them that can set the arthritis off. One for another time or someone else maybe.

Been and got the photos. Now to upload them and send them over lets hope it works. Literally off the phone from someone who rang about the car. I said my offer I would take this weekend would be £1900 £2000. I did say if you are going to make a silly offer it wouldn't be worth your time. He then said he was coming from London. If he couldn't get here could we take it I said definitely not.
He then said its a Cambridge post code so my reply was it is but we are still in Norfolk and a good 31/4 hour away from Cambridge. He may ring back we shall see.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-07-2016, 10:12 AM
Email and pictures sent if anyone is interested here are the pictures or some of them.

First picture is the route we use to take.
Second picture a so called hand rail.
Third picture the path we now have to use and how narrow it now is plus not safe underfoot.
Fourth picture the steps we now have to use.

As someone mentioned today a disabled person would now have a problem accessing the footpath damn forgot to put that in the email.
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160701_101226892.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	5101   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160701_101240929.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	5102   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160701_101258069.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	5103   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160701_101425915.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	5104  
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2016, 10:25 AM
Morning all, have had a quick read through...hope weather improves, rudeness is apologised for, geese's get sorted and Zen doesn't get too upset at having no bone
Woke up at 2am and was awake until gone 6am
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2016, 10:31 AM
Double post
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »