register for free

Dog News

Daventry to fine dog walkers who go out without poo bags

...has received 25 comments (page 3)
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-10-2015, 05:00 PM
Tbh I used to carry bags and every time I pulled one out of my pocket I'd end up chasing several on the breeze. We're supposed to be phasing out plastic bags not using more. Some people use paper ones but that's not allowed either.
One of the advantages of Raw feeding is the poo, even my Dobermanns could have used a tissue.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2015, 06:17 PM
Eh, even raw Fed dogs don't always have extremely small poo. I know this from experience. I merely think it's stupid to fine people who didn't do anything. Yeah go up to everyone with a dog and ask for poo bags and if they don't have them... FINE. Dumb, dumb, dumb, and doesn't seem like it should be allowed under basic rights. Maybe I'm allergic to plastic bags or maybe I'm an eco hippie or something and don't believe in them. Bags are not the only way to get up dog poo. Hell I could enjoy picking it up with my bare hands for all they know. It's so ridiculous to fine people whose dogs haven't actually left poo that wasn't cleaned up.
ndidi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-10-2015, 08:28 PM
I have helped several dog owners caught short with their dogs messing on the side walk/park as they didn't have bag and I did as they have ended up in most of my coat pockets. The people were very grateful and more than happy to clear up the mess.

So it might help but it might not. I think it would be a better idea to make sure the person had A means of collecting the poo and not to specify what it had to be. Also what happens to the people who have already used their bags to collect the poo and have therefore not got any left with them. Would they get fined too even though they have done the right thing and cleared up their dogs mess.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2015, 09:06 PM
Would the owner get fined if they had used their one bag and their dog pood again?

I believe that they stipulate plastic because the bags are often disposed of in normal litter bins and it is considered to be better for those who empty the bins rather than loose poo or poo disposed of in a porous material bag.

Most litter bins have plastic bags over the liners and the bin men collect the bags. Often the bags get torn. Poo sealed in a plastic bag within that bag wouldn't contaminate the one emptying the bin, whereas .....
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-10-2015, 09:51 PM
This explains it better as it's the council in questions own website
https://www.daventrydc.gov.uk/busine...h/dog-fouling/
Apparently it doesn't have to be a plastic bag, a poop bag or other means of clearing up after their dog, is what it actually says.
More worryingly they want all dogs on leads in a country park.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2015, 10:10 PM
Well said Trouble! The main wood I walk in has a stick and flick policy and it is a fantastic way of getting rid of dog poo - you flick it into the brambles where no-one could possibly walk; said poo breaks down very quickly and fertilises the woodland floor - win win all round, and no nasty plastic bags to pollute the environment - even those biodegradable bags take months to break down, whereas a dog turd takes days. Whereas I have no trouble in picking up and taking the bag home, it is altogether much better to stick and flik where possible.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top