register for free

Dog News

Hunts hounds killed

...has received 38 comments (page 2)
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2014, 07:40 PM
No harm or shame in a bit of emotion. We all do and say things we might later regret in the heat of the moment. When you boil it right down to right and wrong, yang and yang, you were not so far off the mark.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2014, 07:51 PM
Totally agree with you Gnasher.Some of the thoughts that enter my head,especially when he comes to animal abuse,I'd be ashamed to admit.I really wouldn't wish ill to anyone but just for a split second my emotions take over.Understand how that can easily happen.
Very very sad for all involved.Poor dogs.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2014, 08:22 AM
Thank you Lacey. I admire anyone who goes balls out and says what they feel. They are entitled to those feelings, and whereas I don't agree with what nippy said in principle, nonetheless it came from the heart and she should neither feel bad, nor be made to feel bad. She has apologised, which was lovely of her - 3 cheers for nippy
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2014, 08:27 AM
Nawwwww Gnasher, not sure that I deserve 3 cheers. I have been smarting over this all night. I have calmed down now and just feel so sad for all involved but particularly the dogs.
As Lacey says emotions take over.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-11-2014, 05:49 PM
Nippy Jen, as others have said we know you, you have been a loyal dogsey member for many years and you are kind and considerate. We all think what we might like to do to people. The horse and hunt brigades are still around but if they are law abiding the dogs are chasing an artificial trail so it's just a sport now. Allegedly never happened before let us hope and pray it never happens again.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-11-2014, 06:02 PM
Losos - it might have been the first time that it had happened to that particular pack, but not the first time hunting hounds have been hit and killed by a train.

This is just one example...

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-29910025.html
marley123
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-11-2014, 06:10 PM
We don't know they were out hunting do we ?
They might have been out on exercise or excaped somhow,
If the people were there with the hounds they would have been under controlle and safe
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2014, 09:36 PM
Nippy you do deserve 3 cheers because you went balls out and said what you felt ... You should never be ashamed of doing that ��
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-11-2014, 09:46 PM
Malka - Yes well spotted, I suppose he was refering to HIS hunt, he makes it sound like all hunts, very sad.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-11-2014, 10:51 PM
If one of the Dogsey member's dogs chased a cat (and let face it most of them are so ill trained that they will go after other peoples pets) and got itself run over by a car or train. Would people be as quick to point the finger and say "What a pity it wasn't the owner/handler who got killed or badly injured!" No, of course they wouldn't. This overspilling of emotion is brought on by the mere mention of the word "Hunt". Fox hunting whether right or wrong - and this is up to the individuals own moral stance - not their class or wealth, is now no longer allowed under the law of the land. As there has been no mention of the law being broken then we must believe the information available to us and consider that the Hunt in question were hunting "within the law" and that this is purely a terrible and extremely tragic accident. My heart goes out to the kennel staff who must mourn the loss of their charges and of course it goes without saying, the poor hounds who were the ones who paid with their lives.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top