Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2011, 01:53 PM

Affixes.. where do I find them?

I can't get in touch with my Uncle and Aunt atm and no one else in my family knows. But how would I find an Affix that isn't used anymore.

I want to know so I can see if I can find any pictures in the archives of Crufts or other shows they went to. They used to breed OES's, I've tried to search them on the internet and it comes up with my Uncle on a document belonging to the South Eastern OES club but it has nothing else on it..

I know they've shown at Crufts and bred OES's but this is about 20 years ago..
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Are you looking to see what they did? or if the affix is available.

If you want to know if it is available thrn the KC will be able to advise.

If you want to to know more about the history then you might need to contact breed clubs. 20 years ago most things where in paper so unless someone has transfered to PC then you won't find anything by google.

Breed clubs may have history sections
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2011, 04:12 PM
I know that the SEOES club has some old pictures in the archives but it doesn't say who owned who.. I may try the KC website and see if I can find anything on there... I just want to see the dogs really.. but living away from my family it's a bit hard..
b-eye
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-08-2011, 04:04 PM
i have OES and a few books from clubs if you can give me any more clues ill have a look
b-eye
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-08-2011, 05:57 PM
been back as far as 1978 nothing there for crufts he is still on the seoes judging list he wouldnt have judged at crufts as he is only on the b list without some more info bit of a dead end dont no if KC has a list of affixes but again hard to do xx
ps will keep looking x
Thalice
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-08-2011, 12:27 AM
Have you Googled the affix ? The Crufts back catalogues have been online for a while now but I dont know how far back they go.

You can buy a book from the KC which lists all current affixes, but if you can - ring them up - or email from the website and ask - they are normally very friendly and helpful.

Thalices Mum
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2011, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by b-eye View Post
been back as far as 1978 nothing there for crufts he is still on the seoes judging list he wouldnt have judged at crufts as he is only on the b list without some more info bit of a dead end dont no if KC has a list of affixes but again hard to do xx
ps will keep looking x
Thank you - I know he's been to crufts with a dog before - I'm sure..

Originally Posted by Thalice View Post
Have you Googled the affix ? The Crufts back catalogues have been online for a while now but I dont know how far back they go.

You can buy a book from the KC which lists all current affixes, but if you can - ring them up - or email from the website and ask - they are normally very friendly and helpful.

Thalices Mum
The Affix is what I'm trying to find out
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2011, 06:49 PM
The entire crufts catalogues are online. Could you not have a mooch through them? What their names?
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2011, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
The entire crufts catalogues are online. Could you not have a mooch through them? What their names?
Thanks BD but I'm able to speak with them tonight
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2011, 03:04 PM
That's good news as I haven't found them in my lot yet.
Let us know if you still need any help later.