Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2004, 07:53 AM

tennis elbow

Any one had it... as i think i may have it

It started a few months back, i was resting my arm on the table and when i moved it i suppose the hardness of the table shot a shooting pain through my elbow.

Now it has got more regular even resting it on a cushion hurts abit, is there anything a doctor can do without giving them injections?

If i have to have one, then i'll have to be knocked out while its being done.
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2004, 08:12 AM
Kirsty - yes I've had it (from assembling flat pack furniture)

It's easy to help - you don't need a doctor or drugs. Go to a pharmacy and ask for a tennis elbow band (honest). It's just a neoprene (?sp) band with a good firm velcro fastening. You fix it just below your elbow and don't ask me how it works - it just does. I think that by stopping all the fine movements it gives the inflammation time to resolve itself.

You'll feel the difference within a day - honest.

Google tennis elbow band - it will give you more technical/medical info.

Good luck. Get well soon. It's amazing how much it hurts - tipping the kettle is excrutiating, isn't it?
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2004, 08:35 AM
I might well get one of those bands... i can still lift stuff its only when rested on something, and it cracks like mad its painful right on the joint the ball pointy bit of the elbow i suppose it could always arthritis.

I will try the band first i think

Cheers