Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ndidi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2015, 12:03 PM

Tennis Elbow

Hi
I have been told I have got Tennis elbow and it is very sore. It is much worse in my left elbow which is the side the dogs walk on but I have it in my right elbow to.
So I was wondering if anyone else has got or had it and what they did to help the pain.
Did getting a brace help at all or not?
What else can I do as I think walking the dogs and throwing the ball/ toy for them has caused the problem.

Hovis is away for a few weeks and I only have Ellen who I can walk without a lead if I drive her to the park which should help but I would love and advice or tip if anyone has any. But then again driving hurts to as does most thing that mean moving my arms.

I am already on pretty strong pain killers and strong prescription anti inflammatory but no luck reducing the pain yet.
I have had the pain for a few weeks but thought it was my Hypermobility Syndrome flaring up which is does every now and then, but it seems to be Tennis elbow instead.

Thanks for any help

Ndidi
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2015, 12:34 PM
I suffered from this some years ago... i really feel for you.. painful didn't cover it.

I had various treatments.. voltarol gel and tubigrip. Then i had 2 or 3 cortisone injections every 3 months or so. But i found that one of the best treatments was acupuncture with electrodes attached to the needles.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-02-2015, 12:56 PM
Hello Sally I had tennis elbow a few years ago after decorating and was given a cortisone injection in my elbow (the injection was very painful ) but it doesn't work for everyone and they don't seem to do that much these days.

The general treatment these days is elevation when resting and frequent ice packs.

A support for your arm may help when you have to use your arm.
roxieyap
New Member!
Female 

03-09-2015, 06:25 AM
Cold compress can help alleviate the pain. Take it easy on the lifting. You can talk with a physiotherapist who can recommend exercises that you can do to strengthen your muscles in that area and reduce the pain.
rough
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-09-2015, 07:44 AM
cortisone jabs
sags
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-12-2015, 12:15 AM
Tennis elbow sufferer reporting in.
At least I think it is. I've not been able to straighten my arm for about 8 weeks now ... so after getting hacked off with it I'm off to the doctors next week to inflict my misery on him.
solo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-12-2015, 12:24 PM
It worked for me

ndidi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-12-2015, 08:12 PM
hi
sorry to hear you are suffering as well. I have managed to ease the pain quite a bit by taping my elbows with Rock tape. It works by taking some of the stress of the tendons. Also found out that I have got golfers elbow which is the tendon on the other side of your elbow. I have also got it on both arms as well. So have got both sides taped and have been doing that for since about April. My problem isn't helped by the fact that I have got hypermobilty Syndrome so my tendons are too flexible. But do try the taping I found a physio who can do it for me. But then as it is still on going the physio showed my Mum how to tape my elbows and she is now doing it for me. I think rest would also help a bit but I can't rest as it effect both my arms and I have to use them to get anything done. But I have found the tape help me alot and has greatly reduced my pain.

Hope it help you as well and anyone else who has got elbow problem.

Sally
Azz
Administrator
Male 

06-12-2015, 11:10 PM
Wonder if something like home-made bone-broth might help you guys? Broth is a superfood.