View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2018, 05:16 PM
Lynn, I would consider yourselves foremost, guests will happily make do and I bet you Michael and maca would say exactly the same!
Hmmmm, mum had a blood test years ago at the Dr that said she had gone through the change?? I really just don't know what's wrong, yesterday's issue was dad got a Letter saying his car tax was overdue.. just an oversight no biggy, tried to renew online...site was down, letter said could do it on the phone, she asked did her want her to do it? He said yes and did she want his debit card...she turned round all snotty and spoke like he was a piece of crap saying "well how do you think it will get paid", he just said leave it, threw his wallet on the floor and walked out, I told her she shouldn't have been like that and was just told to shut up. He asks if she wants to go to dinner and she refuses but will go with friends, I said how hurtful it is but she just says "and". I ended up blowing my top the other week and telling him to divorce her and leave with half the value of the house. They should have been away this weekend and she seemed glad of the reason not to go, I went out yesterday and ended up staying an hour at Steve's and coming straight back just text to check my dad was o.k. My dad even said he would go to a dinner club where people just try different restaurants..I looked it up and the only one is for single people. I try to point out she is being nasty and horrible but she just doesn't care, she threatened to punch me the other week... she's about 3x the size of me but I just laughed, said I wasn't scared and I would have her charged and kicked out of the house, I just seem to spend time upstairs as does my dad, I was so appreciative of Steve letting me go round his yesterday and he has said I can go up anytime I like... thankfully coz the pub is too expensive lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-08-2018, 05:38 PM
Not sure what it can be then griff. Are things ok at work for her ? She did have problems a while back didn't she ? Maybe she is just tired of the humdrum it can get to you sometimes.
Not sure how long they have been married we have been married 41 years and your perspective changes as you get older you are not the same people.
It must be hard living in the middle of it. In most cases by this time in a marriage children have moved on and don't get to see what you are seeing.
Will your mum talk to you ?
I can only think something is on her mind or she is just fed up with the idea of being married to your dad now and doesn't know how to go about changing things.
So difficult for you especially if she is being nasty to you to. Maybe she is unwell and worried.
Has she always been like this or is this recent ?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2018, 05:51 PM
She has always been a bit of a c*w, dad left when we were little...I was a few months old and he got with someone else, they got back together after about a year to 18 months, they have been married 41years now. If she wanted to go, dad wouldn't stop her, he has said before he had had enough and was going to leave but I stopped him, it just seems that if it suits her or is for her benefit she will do stuff... like the trip to America... work is fine as I popped in on Friday and everyone was lovely, it's just like living with Jekyll and Hyde. I go out with my d on a Sunday and have 4pints,mum is welcome to come but won't and stays home with the dogs,I leave at 7.30 and I am back by 10pm. I went to Steve's last week and was gone a max of 4hours and she just moaned about looking after the dogs...I swear,they are no bother, I had them for 3weeks only own and managed fine...got my bedroom decorated too so not hard dogs. If we ask her to go out with us, she refuses, if I ask what's wrong she just says nothing or I am told to shut up. The only reason I am here is because they lumped me with a second dog, 1dog and I would have been gone and managed 2dogs no chance and especially as the or they wanted costs me a fortune in the vets
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-08-2018, 06:22 PM
Sounds like things aren't working griff sorry there ups and downs effect you. It's hardly fair.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2018, 07:33 PM
Lynn love that bungalow and as Griff said hink of yourselves you cannot turn down the plus's outweigh the concerns. You cannot change location or convienence. But you can add a summer house as you say "if clear skies think of a telescope option in the roof of your cabin.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2018, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Good morning everyone. Another bad night. I have run out of some of my tablets and am hoping they will turn up tomorrow.

Hope you are and your four legged friends are all in fine fettle.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Moyra ask your doctor to give you a extra weeks supply so you do not run out in future. Is your prescription on repeat? My Moms prescrption is and I just hand in the next prescription request the day after I get the prescription they log it on computer I imagine and as soon as its due (date on prescription for renewal) they send it out.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2018, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post

Quite nice here today warm with sunny periods. Took Teazle across the fields that are a building site. They don't seem to care that they have to keep footpaths open. Managed to pick about 1lb of blackberries but most of the bushes have been bulldozed up
Hope your day was good. If you want building work travel to the centre of Birmingham sure they have every jcb's in the country there at the moment. Went through today and the diversion signs had a diversion sign on it....................

There is farm land about 10 minutes up the road from me and the farm changed hands about 10 years ago and they have been trying to get planning for houses in that area it is now sucessful and starting to see surveyors and holes being dug such a shame.

Glad you got your blackberries.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2018, 09:28 PM
Oooo been on the beer and had a good night, had a couple bought for me and spent time with nice people...no Chinese...so no breakfast..damn it.
Hada few words with my dad tonight but no clue what's going to happen
I have never had it in my mind to get married...never had that idea of a " princess"wedding. I am happy being.e with someone so I struggle a little with understanding why people would stay together, I am guessing maybe it's generational?? My generation accept you as you are and live together and move on...my parents marry and stay?
Kazz, how's your mum doing now?
Harvey, how's the big lad doing??
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2