Female 

14-12-2007, 11:56 AM
Good news Wendy, so hugs to you and Jodie x
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2007, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by wendyann View Post
An update on Jodie, as it turns out she was not choking,as she had another episode the next day but not as bad, my vet who is a neighbour was with me in seconds, Temp blood pressure all normal, heart strong, but an irregular heart beat, Peggy feels she had a little blood clot, which is not as serious in dogs as humans,she is on 5mg of aspirin for 2 weeks, but she checked her out againn yesterday and heart beat was not as bad. She is in great form, and I feel much more relaxed today as all bloods came back normal. Thanks for all your help x
Is your vet familiar with Cavaliers ?

My JD has Syringomyelia episodes

Some of the many symptoms can be
Some severe cases may have other neurological deficits such as fore and hindlimb limb weakness and ataxia (wobbliness)
Please keep a close eye on her & keep a diary of any more episodes
wendyann
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-12-2007, 04:06 PM
Yes my vet is very familiar with cavs, and treats lots of them, she also knows about this ailment and says there is no way Jodie has it, she has no pain what so ever and shows none of the other symptoms, she is convinced she had a little clot due to the irreguloar heart beat, Jodie is in fantastic form again, and went for 3 mile walk on beach this morning! thanks again for your advise
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2007, 11:07 AM
Not familliar with cavs, however please contiune to give them chews, even if they are not the same ones...perhaps larger and tougher so they take their time. Peridontal disease is not normally not necessary...
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2