Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-11-2014, 05:49 PM

The gang-rough collies & co

Haven't posted in a while, and when I tried the other day the write post feature would just clear itself every time I alternated to the photobucket window to copy the IMG code--gave up, have had to pre type this out before hand!
Thought some photos were in order.
Hunter; he's three this week-where does the time go? He's maturing into the most beautiful shaded sable, getting darker and richer every malt. With a character to match too, he's never been any trouble and that doesn't change. An example that not all English roughs have gone to hell in a hand basket, hes just under 25 inches to the shoulder so still a good sized collie. His favourite past times are still marauding the garden waiting for the air ambulance to fly overhead, and commenting in a way only rough collies do on every life situation. He's become the patriarch since grey faces death, I think he misses her almost as much as i do.

Copper, my diamond (or smooth) in the rough. My dear throwback puppy, his ears never decided to behave but I like it! I don't have any recent recent photos, he doesn't like the camera an is usually too busy for me, these were taken about two/three months ago. He too has matured to be a real proper rough collie, he's coming into a proper adult long coat now (not fluffy!) with all the feathering, and looking more handsome. Unlike modern roughs, his ilk take a loooong time to mature out so, it'll be a whole before he looks as he will "grow up" to be If that makes sense. He's a bit ons point of controversy with certain rough friends of mine, whereas others think he's great. It doesn't matter anyway, due to the Kc he could never sow his oats to craft a legion of proper collie children. He is a giant of an oaf! He can round up poultry, small numbers of sheep (a bit iffy after a Jacobs ram decided he had a problem with him!) and even took on a bolted horse at the start of summer, saving it from charging into a nearby road. He's a good lad, just funny in his ways!
He grew to be a real sensitive soul, being quite loud I am often in the bad books with him. He sulks, a lot. And is a ghost dog, he materialises from nowhere and does the low and rumble bark nearly causing multiple heart attacks. He's very different to H.

A couple of the roughs together

After grey face was put down the house was too quiet, I'd never been without at least one form of terrier around the house. The roughs were just too good, I had nobody to argue with and my lap was quite empty. But since having the rough boys I realised many terriers would be unsuitable now, breeds I once longed for just wouldn't work. I couldn't have anything too hot headed or argumentative; and the idea of a dog with limited recall was awkward as the other two are one hundred percent reliable. However, extensive and long hours spent craning over dog books and the Internet and I found the compromise. A true terrier spirit, with the fire as attitude I missed but a touch of toy to keep the balance. Enter Rebel, a Yorkshire terrier. Rebel by name, Rebel by nature. He's from "correct" type and sized parents (whatever that means!) so should stay reasonably petite. He walks all over the other two, but they are smitten with him. As am I. He's a good boy really, just exceptionally lively and a real pocket rocket. Until recently he lived up to the formidable reputation as an ankle biter, hanging off trousers was (is, if given the chance! Who am I fooling) a favourite past time of his!

BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2014, 06:07 PM
Gorgeous trio!
Especially that Cooper, wow
buglysprince
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-11-2014, 06:21 PM
Stunning, they really are gorgeous
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2014, 06:48 PM
Copper and Hunter are magnificent and oh how Rebel has fitted in
Lovely pictures.
Don't stay away so long this time we want to keep tabs on this trio
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-11-2014, 07:47 PM
Two stunning collies and such a cute little tiddler!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2014, 09:47 PM
I'm so jealous Rough Collie is my dream dog.....maybe someday Love Copper's ears Gorgeous pics and that little one is so cute
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-11-2014, 11:26 AM
Thanks folks, I never understand why the roughs aren't more popular.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2014, 01:13 PM
Oh what beautiful, beautiful pics of your wonderful trio Luke The picture of the little pocket rocket inbetween the pair of them is just awesome, it should be in a frame, a very big frame at that

I can't believe you've kept all this from us for so long, tcht tcht Luke!!!
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2014, 11:20 PM
Gorgeous, love the pics, how cute the 3 look together
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-11-2014, 09:07 AM
Thanks folks.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >