Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Popster
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-09-2015, 04:19 PM

Musical Instrument - learning to play

I have again picked up my guitar. I try to progress with it for several weeks then it goes back in the cupboard for several months. I know the basics, but after weeks of practising never seem to get further than 'beginner' stage. I have loads of books and there are now some great tutorials over the web but they all make it seem so easy.

Anyone else learning an instrument?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2015, 05:26 PM
i did have 1-2-1 guitar lessons, an awesome fella called andre was my teacher, i sadly had to give up when i moved back home. My dad also taught me a bit on the keyboard and the drummer in his band taught me a bit of drums
Diezel
New Member!
Male 

26-09-2015, 08:28 AM
I've mentioned this many times to my wife that I would love to walk in a pub sit down at the piano and tinker away, if the pub had a piano that is...

My uncle could play the piano and the accordion too.
He bought me a accordion when I was about fourteen and taught me the basics but like most people I never progress from there, girls got in the way.

A few months ago I bought myself a harmonica, only a cheep one mind from Aldi, I've had it out of the box three times and I suppose that's where its going to stay from now on unless I'm unfortunate to break both my legs and end up in hospital for several months.