Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2012, 03:03 PM

Hatchbags - Opinions

Ok, i'm getting more and more stressed about the state of the rear of my car. I've got various things in place but it always looks filthy. The boot isnt big enough to fit cages for 3 dogs and i'm not prepared to remove my rear seats (been there done that but it's not practical) so the next best thing is a Hatchbag.

Before I go and spend £100 i'd like to hear if anybody has any experience or opinions on this product please - waste of time or worth the money?

Thank you.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
Ok, i'm getting more and more stressed about the state of the rear of my car. I've got various things in place but it always looks filthy. The boot isnt big enough to fit cages for 3 dogs and i'm not prepared to remove my rear seats (been there done that but it's not practical) so the next best thing is a Hatchbag.

Before I go and spend £100 i'd like to hear if anybody has any experience or opinions on this product please - waste of time or worth the money?

Thank you.
I have one,and would not be without it.

It has seen me through two cars and will see me through a few more I think.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Unfortunately, I have a light interior and dirt and grime shows up very easily. Do you find the Hatchbag keeps everything confined to within it, no stray hairs or dirt gets through the seams?
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2012, 03:56 PM
I've had mine for nearly a year now and it's been fab. I did have issues at first with it coming undone though, but I was putting the seats up and down a lot and didn't have the guards in. Once the guards were in place they seemed to hold the Hatchbag in better and I've not had issues with it coming undone since.
I went for the bumper guard too which is handy, not just for the dogs but also if I'm lifting long/heavy stuff into the boot, e.g. furniture, it stops me having to worry about scratching the bumper.

I was tempted to just make my own but couldn't be bothered - but when it arrived, the thickness of the fabric and quality of the stitching speaks for the price, you are getting a well-made product.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2012, 03:58 PM
I have had a hatchbag since November 2010 and it keeps the back of my car spotless, I also have the heavy duty rubber mat, which I have just had to reorder as my GSD got a little over excited when someone was doing manwork the other day.........

As my dogs are in my car for a great deal of time, on a cost per use basis ie less than a 1p per day thus far I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Easy to clean, odourfree, you do not have to worry about mud, water, diarrhoea, vomit etc, as it is all contained.

ETA my interior is beige leather, so I like anything that keeps everything as clean as poss.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2012, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, looks like they get the thumbs up and are worth the money.

I'd be getting the bumper flap, already got one of those in place as I dont like the dogs claws scratching the bumper.
This is what i've got at the moment and it's absolutely useless, I curse the day I wasted money on it:
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2012, 07:07 PM
Iv got one in my car and its great. wouldn't be without it now. highly recommended
peedie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-01-2012, 08:05 PM
I have one with the bumper flap and the head rest covers but I wouldn't bother with the head rest covers again, the rest though is fabulous!
Carla0305
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-01-2012, 08:22 PM
Never heard of these before so just googled them. Look like some good products.
Looking at the pet net it seems to be implying it can be used in place of a traditional dog guard - does this really work?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2012, 08:45 PM
Is it still possible to fit a dog guard to the back?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >