Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tee
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-04-2007, 10:48 AM
Originally Posted by Hewey View Post
I can see that not all people have these skills but it is sad that there are also some that cannot see the benefit of them. I suspect Mini experience is not down to luck and that she does have it in her nature by the very fact that she was interesting in doing that sort of work anyway or maybe she was mentored by those already using the skills there, but it is possible for those who are not naturally that way to acquire these skills.
I think I was lucky leaving home and first working in the '70s when female empowerment was the thing :smt001 Every woman and her dog went on self defence and assertiveness training, not quite so fashionable now but these things are still available today together with more up to date conflict resolution courses, often run by local colleges and many employers run them or are happy to provide funds to attend because they will see the benefit in stress management, health and safety and customer relations.
I agree with you. When I mentioned people that don't see the benefits of talking, I was referring to those that would much rather just knock someone out than stand and reason with them. I have a friend who is now very settled with her baby boy but a few years ago, always seemed to be in scuffles or some kind of trouble. Back then, she attracted trouble through her demeanour. By this I mean, if someone happened to glance her way she would retort, "What are you looking at?''. Of course, this lead to some heated argument, if not, a fight. She would always say that people were always 'starting on her' but really, she was just too quick to get angry. I don't think this is uncommon.
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-04-2007, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by Tee View Post
I agree with you. When I mentioned people that don't see the benefits of talking, I was referring to those that would much rather just knock someone out than stand and reason with them. I have a friend who is now very settled with her baby boy but a few years ago, always seemed to be in scuffles or some kind of trouble. Back then, she attracted trouble through her demeanour. By this I mean, if someone happened to glance her way she would retort, "What are you looking at?''. Of course, this lead to some heated argument, if not, a fight. She would always say that people were always 'starting on her' but really, she was just too quick to get angry. I don't think this is uncommon.
Your friend sounds like she has a total lack of self confidence to me, definately a good candidate for assertiveness training, book her in. :smt001
Page 18 of 18 « First < 8 15 16 17 18