View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 09:54 AM
I take it Adam`s medication isn`t quite working then?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-02-2011, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Why would you want to shock three dogs at once---surely once a dog is trained using this wonderful method that never fails it won't need to wear a collar?

No one but an idiot would try and train three new behaviours to three dogs at once----

Oh right!!!!

rune
That is something you would need to ask Adam Palmer really. I understand he has clients with two or three dogs all with the same behavioural problems (which isn't surprising ).

It would seem the clients don't really have time to exercise the dogs individually so presumably Adam is going to teach them how to watch each dog separately with one pair of eyes while they are off the lead than at the precise second an aversive electric shock is required, each dog will receive a shock from the one unit because Adam doesn't have enough hands for separate units.

I am sure Adam will correct me if I have misunderstood.
Dawes Paws
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-02-2011, 11:08 AM
I don't actually believe he is a dog trainer. I reckon hes just made it all up!
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 12:31 PM
Can we stop having an Adam slanging match (again) and stick with the original question?
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by Sosha View Post
Can we stop having an Adam slanging match (again) and stick with the original question?
lol.. imo thats up to the mods..and the o/p
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

17-02-2011, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
And how do you think, Adam, that people train dogs simply by talent, rapport, natural instinct, etc.? I mean before, and aside from, torture collars and named regimes? You won't know, of course, because you have no rapport with dogs and can't fathom that kind of relationship. Yet so many people do. Without studying so-called animal behaviour (horses, in your case, I believe). Why can't you?
Historically dog training wasn't especially kind.

Adam

I use the e collar from the start in some cases becuase it teachs the behaviour most effectively, this in turn has knock on benifits for the dogs.

Adam
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
Historically dog training wasn't especially kind.
So this makes what you do ok? Seriously? Historically, the USA enslaved black people. Historically, women had very little rights. Historically, it was ok to beat your children when they misbehaved.

I thought we were a more enlightened people. Apparently some of us still aren't.

I use the e collar from the start in some cases becuase it teachs the behaviour most effectively, this in turn has knock on benifits for the dogs.
What a crock of dog feces. Do you actually believe the nonsense you spew on here or are you really just a sad pathetic troll?
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

17-02-2011, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Aversive trainers, a genuine question for you
Another question for an aversive trainer ..
I understand Adam is in the market for a unit which will let him give an electric shock to up to three dogs at once
He would prefer one which will prevent him from shocking the wrong dog at the wrong time.

Is this so Adam, what would be the maximum number of dogs you would shock at once.

I doubt Adam will confirm this, after all it took week of riddling out of replying when I originally asked him about using two e collars on one dog at one.
Blimey Minihaha your source must be reading a very old version of the forum that was on.

I often have clients with two or three dogs, often these dogs will all have similar requirements (recall/not chasing ect) Using a two or three dog unit is easier than having 2 or 3 single dog units (depends on circumstances though) I was simply making a inquiry as to what was a good unit.

Seeing as this was a long time ago I have since found several makes/models that meet my requirements for multi dog units.

Btw at least two brands make a 6 dog unit. I think these are really aimed at the working dog market though.

Adam
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

17-02-2011, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
That is something you would need to ask Adam Palmer really. I understand he has clients with two or three dogs all with the same behavioural problems (which isn't surprising ).

It would seem the clients don't really have time to exercise the dogs individually so presumably Adam is going to teach them how to watch each dog separately with one pair of eyes while they are off the lead than at the precise second an aversive electric shock is required, each dog will receive a shock from the one unit because Adam doesn't have enough hands for separate units.

I am sure Adam will correct me if I have misunderstood.
Having had several clinets with multiple dogs its actually really quite easy to use the collars as you need.

If the dogs take off on a chase they are likely to be together for example.

Obviously if you just need to use the collar on one dog or the dogs have separated you just look at the dog you want.

Btw I train separately then proof together.

Adam
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

17-02-2011, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by Crysania View Post
So this makes what you do ok? Seriously? Historically, the USA enslaved black people. Historically, women had very little rights. Historically, it was ok to beat your children when they misbehaved.

I thought we were a more enlightened people. Apparently some of us still aren't.

What a crock of dog feces. Do you actually believe the nonsense you spew on here or are you really just a sad pathetic troll?
I was replying to the question about how people did it before e collars were invented.

Adam
Page 10 of 38 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 > Last »