Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
AshMan
Dogsey Senior
Male 

07-04-2011, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
I was talking about this to someone the other day, and I was getting annoyed by what I thought was a petty attitude, apparently he thinks that they should still be banned, but I think that if I was out there fighting I would want as many people next to me and helping me as possible, no matter gay or straight, as long as we were fighting for the same thing, and I think that if anyone is brave enough to step up and join the milarity they should not have to hide certain things about themselves in order to do this. Apparently this guy was worried about people liking what they saw (I told him no chance) but when I brought up that I had heard of army girls being raped apparently that was there problem, as when looking at boys and girls you can know what your seeing, but I believe that while there is backwards thinking like this there will always be problems when I believe their shouldn't be.

Also on about the marriage, the best thing I have heard from this was on the film I think 'what happens in vagas' when the judge said that gay people are not ruining the sancutary of marriage, but they were (talking about the whole drunk wedding thing), I also think that people who are in love with someone of their own sex is more deserving of a wedding then many people who seem to think that being married is just for fun, I know someone who has been engaged and started planning three weddings, she's twenty, whose worse?
Agree with your first paragraph I think.

On marriage let me be clear if gay people want the same legal rights that marriage/civil partnerships offer than ok. My issue is with churches that would bless this union on Christian author john piper wrote and I whole heartedly agree with him 'the is no such thing as a Christian same sex marriage'
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2011, 10:51 AM
I have to say I agree with AshMan. If the government wants to sanction legal unions between same sex couples, more power to them, but the church has no place in blessing such a union.

I also agree with John Piper, there is no such thing as a Christian same sex marriage. For followers of Jesus Christ, marriage was the first thing ordained by God, between Adam and Eve. Marriage was ordained before the church was ever thought about.

So, I'm not saying they can't have the same legal rights as married opposite sex couples, I'm just saying if my church started marrying same sex couples, I'd find another church, as the practice is unbiblical.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Honestly? Who are YOU to tell "the church" what they can and cannot do? Every church has their own interpretation of the Bible and if one church wants to marry a same sex couple, more power to them. If another doesn't want to, then that's their prerogative.

Funny how people find it "unbiblical" to marry same sex couples but I bet they eat shrimp and wear blended clothing to church and do other things the Bible once said we shouldn't do. I bet those churches marry divorced people and accept them into their churches.

My partner's father is a retired Episcopal Priest and he would be happy to marry a same sex couple.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2011, 03:55 PM
Excellent news XxXxx
AshMan
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-04-2011, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by Crysania View Post
Honestly? Who are YOU to tell "the church" what they can and cannot do? Every church has their own interpretation of the Bible and if one church wants to marry a same sex couple, more power to them. If another doesn't want to, then that's their prerogative.

Funny how people find it "unbiblical" to marry same sex couples but I bet they eat shrimp and wear blended clothing to church and do other things the Bible once said we shouldn't do. I bet those churches marry divorced people and accept them into their churches.

My partner's father is a retired Episcopal Priest and he would be happy to marry a same sex couple.

Scripture dictates what is right in the church. There is nothing in scripture to support same sex marriage.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by AshMan View Post
Scripture dictates what is right in the church. There is nothing in scripture to support same sex marriage.
Scripture also says we should stone adulterers. Do you do this?
AshMan
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-04-2011, 06:10 PM
This thread is about the repeal of don't ask don't tell and I support that, let me be clear. If you wants to start a new thread I am happy to discuss the theological issues around same sex marriage. But it seems you have a big misunderstanding of scripture and the context of in which some things were said and written. If you can show scripture to support your point I may he swayed but I don't believe those scriptures exist. My views are based on an understanding of scripture as a whole not just individual verses without taking context and audience into account.
AshMan
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-04-2011, 06:12 PM
Scripture also says we should stone adulterers. Do you do this?
How did Christ react to the crowd who wanted to stone the woman committing adultery?
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 06:13 PM
Typical. I guess I have nothing further to say then. There's no chance to sway someone like you and I should have known that from the start.

At any rate, I still don't think it is for YOU to decide how every church interprets the Bible, which was my point in the first place. You can choose to believe whatever you want to believe, but you have no right to tell every church how they conduct their business. Not every Christian believes the same thing you do.
AshMan
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-04-2011, 06:17 PM
Typical. I guess I have nothing further to say then. There's no chance to sway someone like you and I should have known that from the start.

At any rate, I still don't think it is for YOU to decide how every church interprets the Bible, which was my point in the first place. You can choose to believe whatever you want to believe, but you have no right to tell every church how they conduct their business. Not every Christian believes the same thing you do.
in fact I can be swayed if someone can show me in scripture my error and help me understand. Where in scripture supports same sex marriage?
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >