Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-10-2010, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
You wouldn't get Child Tax Credits on 40k.
Taken from the directgov website
Example 1
Mr and Mrs Khan both work full-time. Between them, they earn about £25,000 a year. They have three children. They get about £92 a week in tax credits.

If their income was higher, and they earned about £50,000 a year, they’d get about £10 a week instead.
Example 2
Jon Barry is aged 30, he has no children and is single. He works full-time and earns £10,000 a year. He gets about £25 a week in tax credits.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Taken from the directgov website
Example 1
Mr and Mrs Khan both work full-time. Between them, they earn about £25,000 a year. They have three children. They get about £92 a week in tax credits.

If their income was higher, and they earned about £50,000 a year, they’d get about £10 a week instead.
Example 2
Jon Barry is aged 30, he has no children and is single. He works full-time and earns £10,000 a year. He gets about £25 a week in tax credits.
Well I never knew that
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2010, 12:10 PM
We havnt always had child benefit for each child. when I was akid it was known as family allowance,and you didnt get any with your first child, oh yes of course I'm back in the 50's LOL and until i was quite an age my mum got 7s 6d for my younger brother (37 1/2 p) which today is no where near the amount you get!!!!!!!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2010, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by Rookgeordiegirl View Post
We havnt always had child benefit for each child. when I was akid it was known as family allowance,and you didnt get any with your first child, oh yes of course I'm back in the 50's LOL and until i was quite an age my mum got 7s 6d for my younger brother (37 1/2 p) which today is no where near the amount you get!!!!!!!
My Mum told me this too. Strangely enough she said that when I was born they counted me as the 1st child too even though I was the 3rd (she had me when she was 42 and my brother and sister were 14 and 11).

I think perhaps benefits should only be paid for so many children though how that would work out in practice is another matter. My Mum wanted a big family but my late Dad said they would have what they could afford. Nowadays people just expect to have a large family on benefits and the council to rehouse them to a larger house but surely it is your responsibility to only have children you can afford to have? I'm not talking about people who have a large family and then lose their jobs but those who have always been on benefits and jsut keep producing baby after baby and expecting everyone else to pay for them.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2010, 07:34 PM
£40,000! Good grief! I earn less than half of that and manage fine without benefits! And I don't expect or want any benefits either if I can help it!

If folk want kids, they should pay for them themselves otherwise don't have them. We're overpopulated as it is anyway.

I keep dogs because I want to and choose to, I don't expect anyone to help pay for them.
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2010, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by Cachapman710 View Post
Child benefit as yet isn't means tested! I don't know anyone in 40k so have no idea if you can get child tax credit on that amount or not!
you do.....43 quid a month
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2010, 04:21 PM
The problem is some benefits are means tested allowing a top up for for families, which allows them to afford to work, others are only against what benefit your on which means your entitled to claim but your £1 over the threshold to qualify which means you wont get a top up, even though it leaves you homeless. A system that is literally of no help to some but open to abuse from others. At the end of the day no system is perfect I suppose.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2010, 04:29 PM
The problem is too many people abuse the system. I certainly agree with what Westie N has said, people should fork out for their own children.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by hectorsmum View Post
you do.....43 quid a month
I think thats rediculous actually. Why not help people who genuinley need it and people who are for example millionaires dont need child benefit.
Margaret
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-11-2010, 06:21 PM
This is a perfect example of abusing the system and child cruelty, no thought for the little ones she is creating, and still doing it, the mind boggles.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...cil-house.html
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >