View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-10-2010, 05:38 PM
The thing I don't understand about the second homes scam is ok they need a base near the houses of parliament but why do they need to buy it, claim 2nd home allowance, use our money to furnish and improve it and then sell it and trouser the profit, surely that profit is ours.
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-10-2010, 05:39 PM
I have no idea when the teachers go home.

All I know is I am happy with my childs education.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2010, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by jols View Post
I have no idea when the teachers go home.

All I know is I am happy with my childs education.
even with your child only being taught four days by their teacher?
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2010, 05:42 PM
Sorry if you did'nt get it, but did you honestly think I stand outside the school waiting to see when they go home....
I "didn't get it" either. I thought you were having a vicious pop at the teachers at your son's school. I work in the public sector and I'm not in the least bit offended by anything that you say. You clearly make it up as you go along.
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
even with your child only being taught four days by their teacher?
and the fifth day by and equally good teacher
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Education budget has increased but the essential support systems that schools use to develop and run are being cut so schools will be forced to spend portions of budgets on using outside private agencies......this then impacts on resources etc in schools for the children. Hidden cuts!
So, I have a question then please Were these "support systems" in place before the days of Tony Blair/Gordon Brown, and if not, then we managed without them before, so why are they so necessary nowadays then? Just a question! I'm erring on the side of things like I said earlier, that Brown created so many public sector jobs just to make the figures look good!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2010, 05:46 PM
and the fifth day by and equally good teacher
My point.......
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-10-2010, 05:46 PM
make it up as i go along.....how funny.

Its called conversation and having an opinion it is good we are all not the same.

How boring would it be if someone said something and everybody else agreed.
Deedee1321
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-10-2010, 05:48 PM
I'm really offended... But not surprised about some peoples attitudes towards public sector workers.

I'm a children and families social worker, I have a caseload more than double the "recommended" amount. I work tonnes more hours than i'm contracted for (and before people start jumping on me for saying I get overtime, we don't, we don't get that anymore. We get time owed back, although I never am able to take it all back as I am far too busy.) our team are 3 staff down already and if anyone leaves they aren't getting replaced, we are yet to find out if anyone is being made redundant but they are considering those who want to take voluntary redundancy first. We are hated by the public and ripped to shreds by the press - we can never respond as we are bound by confidentiality. My job is both physically and mentally knackering, but I do it cos I want to make childrens lives better.

So before everyone jumps on all public sector workers - think about a day in their shoes (without the sway put on it by the Daily Mail)

Dee
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-10-2010, 05:50 PM
When Local councils took over the running of school instead of just handing the budget directly to the schools can't remember exactly when this happened these support systems have been in place.
Page 6 of 27 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »