Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

03-12-2015, 10:39 PM

Current Syria situation

What's your take on it?

Do you think we should/shouldn't get involved?
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-12-03 at 22.38.54.jpg
Views:	639
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	4673  
sags
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-12-2015, 04:44 PM
It's our ham-handed involvement that have helped make such a mess in Syria. Can't get away from the fact that we've interfered. As we did in Iraq.
What was a civil war has turned into something global and nasty ... with the potential to get really worrying.

But .. no .. I don't think the UK should be jumping on the bandwagon and bombing Syria. We should concentrate on our own Borders and internal security.

Putin is having a bash .. in his own idiosyncratic way.
The US are unusually quiet and not so gung-ho as I'd expected.
Until anyone mentions Assad and then everyone seem to lock horns.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-12-2015, 06:17 PM
Agree with sags Blair and Bush interfered in Iraq didn't finish the job properly left people to fend for themselves and now we have this mess.
I feel IS need sorting and doing away with but jumping on the band wagon of bombing Syria in my opinion leaves us more vulnerable than we already are to similar attacks like in Paris.
I worry for Gorden who has to work all week In London and our youngest son and partner who live and work there.
So no I do not think we should be bombing in Syria deal with our home grown terrorists and hate preachers and I don't mean with such wimpy ways of being upset by offending them.
Put them away for a long time for treason or deport them.
I hasten to add I have no problems with the peace loving muslims who live here.
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

04-12-2015, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I feel IS need sorting and doing away with but jumping on the band wagon of bombing Syria in my opinion leaves us more vulnerable than we already are to similar attacks like in Paris.

We sadly will have this happen anyway ...The French were not bombing Syria or even Iraq before they were attacked by Isis.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-12-2015, 07:58 PM
The latest attack the French were bombing Syria.
We are under threat and our security forces have thwarted them but we are even more vulnerable now and far worse I fear.
Plus of course there is the innocent victims in all of this we know the hits cannot be 100% accurate and IS hide among them then cry out we are are bombing innocent victims. Which on occasion we are.
sags
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-12-2015, 09:46 PM
This is the trouble with terrorists .... I feel the same as you Lynn.

How do you rout them out? They just go to ground, vanish and pop up somewhere else ... which I think is the whole point of their attacks on civilians on the European mainland. It's like saying to us ... Up yours.

I'll hand them one thing ... they're experts at exploiting the web to spread their propaganda. Al Qaeda have never managed to become such a global threat
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-12-2015, 09:25 PM
If we were certain we would only bomb ISIS then go ahead but not when we can kill innocent civilians. I agree with Sags, we caused a lot of the problems. It's time Britain learned to keep it's nose out of everyone elses business.

We need to round up all the ones in this country instead of just keeping our eyes on them. Any who left to go and join ISIS we should never have allowed back in, we should have revoked their passports. I believe over 400 went there and were allowed to return no doubt as sleepers. Any who want to go and join them, let them go instead of trying to stop them and lock up all the hate preachers.
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2015, 11:28 PM
I'm never a fan of wars, be it international, or one between my kids. There are always intelligent ways of dealing with things other than dropping a bomb, or blocking the borders. To me, the UK governments response makes them just as bad as any terrorist organisation, as they are merely doing the very thing, they claim they are against. Just hypocrits IMHO.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2015, 07:11 AM
Originally Posted by 1cutedog View Post
If we were certain we would only bomb ISIS then go ahead but not when we can kill innocent civilians. I agree with Sags, we caused a lot of the problems. It's time Britain learned to keep it's nose out of everyone elses business.

We need to round up all the ones in this country instead of just keeping our eyes on them. Any who left to go and join ISIS we should never have allowed back in, we should have revoked their passports. I believe over 400 went there and were allowed to return no doubt as sleepers. Any who want to go and join them, let them go instead of trying to stop them and lock up all the hate preachers.
The term the US use is "collateral casualties".. appalling. Here we have agreed a certain umber of refugees but racism here is appalling. Last week it was revealed that a disused hotel in Ballybunion was to take 180 young male asylum seekers. Ballybunion is a small town totally dependent on tourism and it would have destroyed the place. That got dropped...In Dungarvan they are planning the same. What many folk here do not take in is that thee people want nothing more than to go home but when it is raining bombs? In Killarney one family well settled, just there is one eyes showing. Lovely lady..