Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2007, 11:50 PM

Chewing beds!!!

As you all know i bought my lot some lovely new beds.
Skye used to eat the previous ones when she was a pup. Thought i'd wait until she was older (now 3) just incase she ate anymore.
Well shes b@@@@y started chewing the new ones. Skye starts them off then Blue has a go. Fenn loves her bed. Shes constantly on it.
I'm so annoyed with them both. They have a good 2 hour run everyday. Its not as if they are full of energy. I'm going to have to take theirs off them & just hope Fenn stays on hers so that they don't eat it.
Anybody else have the same problem?
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

10-01-2007, 12:34 AM
I have and I know how you feel Rye my three year old has destroyed every bed I have bought even one which was advertised as virtually indestrctible except by two clydesdale horses or a motor car. ( had been tested on various breeds of dogs) He had it burst within 20 minutes of it arriving you would have thought there had been a snow storm. I got my money back on this one and I told the seller she had better add or one Borzoi to the two Clydesdale horses and the motor car.
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2007, 08:12 AM
blackie is 2 and is just the same so we just use plastic dog beds at night. he will chew anything and even goes for blankets if they are given them so have given up for the time being.
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2007, 08:20 AM
Yep, same problem here, Ozzie has destroyed 4 beds in the last year, uses them as chewing toys cause he has never slept in them.

So a couple of days ago I bought one of those plastic beds, with a cushion in the bottom - he wont even go anywhere near it
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2007, 09:40 AM
I get blankets from the Salvation Army, a bag full for £2.50 and as Hollie likes to nibble at least one little hole it doesn't really matter! She is much better now than she was though, maybe she is growing out of the habit.
patsbt
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-01-2007, 10:21 AM
I also use the plastic dog beds - Which my two still manage to chew. :smt077
And we also use blankets from rescue shops because we need to replace them at least 3 times a week as they shred them two.

Ruddy staffies .... :smt043 :smt043
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Oh poor you Jules I read your posts when you got the beds so know how pleased you were with them.

Max doesn't chew his beds but a couple of our dogs did, mostly during the puppy/ rebellious teenager stage. Apart from Sooty, my sister's lab. All though his life he used to delight in shredding everything. He chomped away at the sides of his plastic bed and killed his bean bag completely. We were finding the little polyestyrene balls for months after that.

My mum was a regular in the charity shops, buying up all of the old bedding for Sooty to eat!
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-01-2007, 02:41 PM
I'm of no help but just to say I am glad I am not the only one!!!
Sydney has been through so many beds I have lost count.

Last week I made her a beautiful bed out of an old duvet of my son's and it was a really lovely duvet cover filled with old feather pillows. She lay by my feet on this new bed and she looked so happy and comfortable.
That afternoon my friend called and so I left Sydney in the kitchen watching us through the stair gate for about 15 minutes. Big Mistake.
Came back through into my office - feathers everywhere. Still finding them today.
What can we do. Just keep on buying I suppose because that is what we do!!!
Syd will keep it for so long and then decides "it has to go" and go it does ....