Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 03:40 PM
Thank you for that

Will go take a look right away
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

04-03-2006, 04:45 PM
B/L if/when her poops really hard its because she`s had too much bone.

Its just a matter of getting the balance right

No probs, it can be frustrating at times I know, took my 2 pups more than a year, 2 step forward 2 back never thought I`d get there with em then all of a sudden no d/rear heaven

They`ll be 5 in April & can eat anything at all now
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

04-03-2006, 04:49 PM
ps had a look at the link what you thinking of ordering??
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 05:07 PM
Nothing yet.. I didnt get any further than the coats and stuff

And I dont actually know if I would be allowed to have remedies sent into Denmark.. The rules I mean..

I think this Cultura is the cheapest way, if it works...

Yes I know that's cos she got too much bone. And I now know not to feed it for 3 days in a row, but if she has a soft poo one day I can give her pork the next day and get it back on track so to speak..

That's good to know, that I'm not alone. My friend here who I talk a lot to about this, has never had these problems with her 2 dogs, so its a bit hard for her to help. However much she wants

Now I just hope things will go smoothly forward.. I think I'm gonna need another adjustment in the amount of food though.. My mum hinted at me today that she thinks Luna's gained a bit of weight again..

Oh my mum has now started looking for food for Luna, when they (mum and stepdad) are out shopping.. She found some cheap turkey chopsticks today and bought some for Luna.. And a few weeks ago she called me asking if Luna could have pigtails

Now I just need to break that hurdle it is for me to ask for food at a butcher. I did it at our local butcher, and as soon as he heard it was for a dog, he refused talking to me.

The general opinion of rawfeeding in Denmark is still something used for fighting dogs.. Well in the non-dog world anyway
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

04-03-2006, 05:50 PM
Yes stick with the cultura for now, if it doesn`t work theres another thing called slippery elm powder but give the one you have now a chance.

Great your mums finding stuff for you , it`ll be a big help for you & yep she can have pig tails oh & tongues

Go on bit the buttle & ask the butchers, educate them

My 2 pups had been ill & the transition didn`t go smoothly, wasn`t too bad with the girl but my boy was a nightmare, I particularly remember banana coming out like it went in and rmbs made them loose, it was the fat. Meat n beans & porridge & rice were ok & a few veg but getting it to a very varied stage was hard work. Just when I thought everything was going well, bang 1 or other would have d/rear! But patience, persevere & you`ll get there

Oh don`t foget a crushed clove of garlic daily
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 06:15 PM
Ooh I know for a fact that I can order the slippery elm via the internet (on a danish site), so that's good.. if it'll get necessary....

Yes she has had a pigtail as a treat once, and she loved it Its quite rubbery to touch Tongue?? Is that considered meat?

Yeah I know what you mean.. Luna does great on boiled rice and fish, but I just cant keep feeding that, and I don't want to either... Banana which I was told, should help to firm, actually made things worse so no 'nanas for a while

It sounds like a nightmare for you I'm glad they are doing great now

I have garlic in the veggiemix, but I havent started adding the veggies yet, so will add a crushed clove to the dinner... Gotta be prepared for the fleaseason

Thank you so much. Pheeeeeeewwwweeeeee though, she has an awful gass tonight :smt078 She can clear the room in no time..
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

04-03-2006, 06:51 PM
Haven`t seen pigs tails here, shame, sure my lot`d love em as much as Luna Yep tongue is meat, quite expensive here so don`t give it a lot.

Yes lot of people told me the same about bananas but had opposite effect on my 2, ended up giving them just a little chunk every few days, apples the same but they did get used to it & now can eat them no probs
It was over 4 yrs ago now but still remember the hard work with them

Start the garlic without the veggies asap, its got a lot of good properties & may help. How is she with carrots, maybe a little piece whizzed up or grated with the garlic & put in her yoghurt with honey?

Her wind is telling you she`s got a little digestive prob so lets see if we can get it sorted & settled down
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 07:07 PM
Hmm dont really know what tongue costs.. Will look for it next time I go shopping.... Yeah I'm sure they would

Luna has no problems with apples.. She loves apples

If I give her a carrot, she will chew it to bits and leave the bits for me to pick up I've tried to slice a carrot and use for treats, and she will eat them, but its not a favourite. Great idea about grating it and mix with the yogurt and garlic. I feed kelp and alfalfa (½ teaspoon) each night aswell.. There's a lot of vitamines in that. All the things is mixed with her meat at dinner time.. So its a big sloshy thingy... She loves it

Yeah I hope we can get it sorted.. I dont mind about the smell, I think I'm getting immune (sp?) but it cant be nice for her..

Haven't dared trying the eggs, when her tummy isnt good, I'm afraid to make it worse..

Thanks
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

04-03-2006, 07:58 PM
Yep kelp n alfalfa are good, think I`d make eggs 1 of the first things to re introduce when her tums settled & maybe get the slippery elm in, wouldn`t be a bad idea to give her some to help

You`ll get there don`t worry J
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 08:06 PM
OKay.. I cant afford the slippery elm untill the 1. of april I'm afraid.. I'm having a very tight month...

And we've just shared a bit of carrot I took a bite, split it in half and gave her the one half and she ate it.. She's a loon

I hope I will, I really do...
Page 6 of 18 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »