Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2018, 08:12 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday, 4th November, 2018

Good morning everyone. I trust you and your four legged friends are all in good health.

Chris, I hope Gary is improving. He may have the bug as well as his usual problems.

I have had to take some extra strong hedex this morning as I have a belting headache and my usual Zapain doesn't seem to be shifting it.

Harvey hope you will be better soon.

Amber is waiting to go out so I must get to it.

Have a good day all, Keep warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-11-2018, 09:50 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.

Getting very stressed here loads to do today as next Sunday will be our last day in this house. It is leaving me leaving the same way it greeted me problems with bathrooms.

Chris hope Gary is on the mend. glad he decided to come and stay at yours.
Moyra hope the headache eases soon.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2018, 10:56 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

Hope you manage to get rid of your headache Moyra

Oh dear Lynn hugs to you. Hopefully a simple matter to sort and then you can move on stress free.

Sorry to read about Gary but pleased he moved in with you Chris.

Nice morning here. Been and sorted out a bit more of the garden,also made a chocolate cake. Roast chicken for lunch. On neighbour dog watch today hopefully he is not frightened of fireworks or I will find myself sitting in with him until mum get home.

Hope all two and four legged are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2018, 11:23 AM
Morning all

Miserable here today, raining and cool.

Chris pleased to hear Garry came to yours, I hope he makes a swift recovery.

Harvey I hope you feel much better and thanks for the welcome back

Lynn fingers crossed you get things sorted, don’t stress too much it will work out in the end x

Sue enjoy your lunch x

I’ve had a busy morning, had to do Toms whites first thing as he was in work at 11 am today, washed and dry them, prepped lunch, beef today and spoke to stepmom, I ring her every Sunday morning just to make sure everything is ok. She’s got a water infection so she’s off to see the GP tomorrow.
Lizzie went and stayed over at her friends last night, but is back for lunch, can’t resist a beef dinner

I have a lousy cold, so after lunch it’s feet up time. The washing can wait to put away.

O/H made a sarcastic comment about fireworks last night, because I kept the cats in since lunchtime yesterday, we had a few go off but like I said it only takes one to spook them. All were fine not bothered and Meg is no trouble, she’s never been bothered by them. I think she has cataracts coming in both her eyes, and her cough has eased, nothing since yesterday morning.

Have a good day all
Bumblesnout
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-11-2018, 12:11 PM
Good morning Moyra Lynn Sue Sal and all to follow
Late today hadn't connected the charger properly sweat I get more dotty by the day lol
Moyra hope the headache clears soon
Lynn hugs never easy moving is it
Sue snap on the chicken chocolate cake wouldn't go a miss here
Sal hope your cold gets better soon a nice hot toddy n feet up
Chris hopeing your son is feeling a little better today
Griff /Kazz hopeing your both doing ok this morning
Losos hope your feeling better hugs
Blooming terrible night here with fireworks was like WW3 directly behind us don't mind in the least folk having fun but it was blo@@y rediculous rever seen the old boy so bad pacing & panting the others weren't that bothers thankfully obviously their labradoddle 's not affected (weekenders who have a holiday chalet l)
Nothing as such planned for the rest of the day dare say there's lot I could be doing
Have a good rest of the day whatever you all get up to no mischief mind
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2018, 12:31 PM
Good afternoon all.

A 'brisk' day today. Cloudy and cold, but we enjoyed our walk.

Gary went back home this morning feeling a heck of a lot better. He really was ill from the after-effects yesterday, but now it's just the usual aches and pains with the added extra of a cut and a few grazes to heal. He is, thankfully, back to his good mood again now. We had a couple of days of hell prior to the fit with his black mood, but that was obviously part of the build up. Thanks all for your concern and asking about him.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2018, 10:02 PM
Evening all, been meaning to post all day but kept getting distracted!
My brother sent some pictures from Kuala Lumpur today...some sort of festival carnival thing, asked how the dogs had been with the fireworks and I said pretty much o.k...we then got into a " discussion" about fireworks and he basically said it was my fault my old dog was terrified andi should have got her used to fireworks! I just said perhaps one day when he actually owned a dog ....he has never owned a dog and that dog was terrified and peeing itself in fear...maybe then he would get it. I couldn't have done anymore to help her, I did the cd, the natural remedies, prescription drugs, bought her thundershirts and i even paid a great deal of money for ear defenders for her.... nothing helped. I struggle to believe i am related to such a stupid t@#t......thankgoodness he doesn't have responsibility for an animal
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-11-2018, 02:15 AM
Sorry to not have been in touch much recently - mostly down to having little to say.
Tonight, sadly I have some news from my home front. My beautiful old girl Gypsy passed away at 7.11pm sunday. She had been out for a walk with the Mem and young Tess and on returning home went straight to her basket for a sleep. I called her at 7 for her dinner, she got up wagged her tail and then lay back down, This was the first time in nearly 13 years that she had refused any sort of food. The Mem, realising that something was amiss sat next to her bed and stroked her head and she just quietly slipped away. No pain or fuss she passed as she had lived with immense grace and surrounded by love.
I am beyond grief, she has been my shadow her entire life and was a friend, a good listener and the least demanding dog I have ever known.
RIP my beautiful brindled sweetheart.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2018, 04:52 AM
Oh Gordon I know exactly how you feel. My heart goes out to you.x
Bumblesnout
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-11-2018, 05:20 AM
Condolences to you gordon&mem
RIP Gypsy