Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2016, 06:07 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, 14th July

Good Morning everyone, feeling a bit less tired this morning.
Shall be glad when all this politics m'larky settles down.
I think she has made some wise choices so far.

June, sorry Zen is not playing ball with the mixture you made up for her. Maybe mixed into meat will do it.

Hope everyone is feeling well today. LG it is lovely to see you back, you will have to take things steady for a while as I have learned too.

Have a good day everyone, take care, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-07-2016, 07:44 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Glad you are not so tired today Moyra.
Lovely to see you about LG wishing you a speedy recovery.
June hope the golden paste goes down Zen today.

Walked Dillon already very blue sky and already warm not sure if it's meant to last.
Going to try to have a relaxing day today. More chasing up of the footpath problems yesterday let's see how that goes next step will be the paper I think if the county council do nothing and the parish council ignore the complaints too.
Beth popping for coffee later they are off to France tomorrow for 2 weeks.

Hope everyone is feeling well and all our four legged friends are too.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2016, 07:59 AM
Good morning Lynn and Moyra

Pleased you are feeling a little better today Moyra but you must still take it easy. I know nagging again

Hope the footpath issue gets sorted Lynn. Perhaps you should get the Ramblers Association involved as they like to keep the footpaths of Britain open.

Lovely to see you pop in last night Gordon. Now do as you are told and hope you will make a speedy recovery.

Lovely here this morning sun shinning and blue sky. All bedding washed and on the line and now washing Barry's shirts that have been stored ready for our holiday. They just need freshening up. Car in for service today hope its not too expensive. They are meant to be collecting it between 9 and 11 so fingers crossed.

Hope all two and four legged are keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2016, 08:08 AM
Morning all. Pleased to see Gordon is back. Your description reminds me of the chap sitting on a rock in Wild at Heart. Anyway have a good rest. Pleased you had a better night Moyra. Off to do something, not sure what.
Have a good day all.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-07-2016, 08:36 AM
Nice morning here, sun is out some fluffy cloud, feels cool though. Put the girls umbrella up and the sun promptly his, is back now.
Really mixed the paste up with their mince and everyone eaten, don't think I would have had a problem with Cariad and Lona, but did it with their meat as well. Gave Zen her Arnica tablet half an hour after eating. She does seem brighter today and was wanting to play but everyone grumbled at her and went to sleep breakfast off. I'm putting a teaspoon of the paste in, is that right.
Don't overdo it Moyra, sit and throw the ball foir Amber and she can use the garden whilst you recover properly.
Lynn, its a good idea about the Ramblers Association, they make a point of walking paths at least twice a year and they know which people to contact immediately things aren't right
Sue, how long till you wave goodbye to Blighty and are off to sail the Seven Seas.
Brenda have a nice day, are you OK, you were quiet yesterday.
LG, do not go walking t'moors to make sure no ones stolen it. I really thought the Men had caught you with the Rat Catchers daughter and you were busy picking pellets out of your rear. Instead you were languishing in a hospital bed with hot and cold running nurses. The Men was meanwhile ransacking your Castle for The Will and dusting off the policies.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-07-2016, 08:47 AM
Good luck with the service Sue.
Glad the paste went down well they do say start off at 1/2 tsp and gradually build it up over a couple of weeks.
Morning brenda.

Had an interesting conversation earlier with the parish clerk. I left her a message yesterday. The parish council are on it but they do not have the power to march up there and tell him to put it back. She has also been harassing the county council. Has given me the name of the person in charge of highways and footpaths. If I have to harass them again even though my complaint yesterday was marked urgent I know a name to ask for now. Whether I get to speak to him is another matter he is apparently very busy but she did suggest maybe I would make a nuisance of myself alongside her.
I did say my next step is possibly the local paper.
I feel better now having spoken to her that nobody is happy about it or him and that regardless what he thinks he can do he cannot alter the route approaching a footpath.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-07-2016, 09:17 AM
TW

Our holiday starts soon but we won't post when on a public forum for obvious reasons
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-07-2016, 09:19 AM
There may be a sort of format they have to follow, I.e. sending x number of letters etc.before taking proceedings, it would have been more courteous for somerone at the council to keep you informed, it could be just that. At least there's moire than one of you chipping away
I've been giving too much then, no explosions poo wise up to now
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-07-2016, 09:25 AM
Glad you have no poop explosions June.
I have emailed the ramblers association and attached some of the photos I took the other week asking if there is anything else we can do.
I am determined to get this unsociable arrogant piece of XXXX by hook or by crook.
You could be right June about them having to contact him etc., but from what the clerk said today he has no right to do what he has done. Maybe the county council are giving him time to put it back. I suppose they have to do that before actually doing anything constructive.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-07-2016, 09:38 AM
They probably have to give him 28 days notice, then give him notice of action, then take action. Probably going to be 6 months if he's awkward, and he obviously is!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >