Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2016, 04:12 AM

Daily thread,Thursday , June 30

Good morning all
Well, haven't looked outside yet but it "sounds" nice!!!! No rain thumping on the windows so that's a good start.
No more funny goings on with the light lol and as far as I know I haven't done anything bad!!!
Hectic day today, himself has a day off and then he is back at work tomorrow for 7full days..boo!!!! We are off for lunch, then I might be meeting his dogs...I am fine with that, love all doggies. I then have an appointment for deags to get her jab done..so I will be getting up, medication, breakfast, walk the pups, get ready and try and look as if I have fell over in a field and go for lunch
Hope all of you have a great day
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2016, 05:30 AM
Morning Griff, have a good day. Raining here. Had to get up and let Tyto out. He still isn't right it usually takes a few days to get him back to normal. Enjoyed Corrie last night. Good job I realised it was longer all because tonights TV is football followed by football and oh yes tennis and football. So more DVDs must be watched. Hope everyone else had a good night and will have a good day.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2016, 06:17 AM
Good morning Griff and Brenda, this is lovely finding the thread already going. Saves me worrying whether I am duplicating with anyone. Griff, glad things are going along ok with Steve, still early days. Will be nice to meet his dogs......will they meet yours?

Brenda, poor Tyto, Amber has brought back her raw chicken two mornings running so that's her lot, she has just brought back her other breakfast too.
Not sure what is up with her. Might have to text my friend not to bring her puppy today in case Amber is sickening for something.

June, I really hope you are able to sort poor Zen out, I nearly put little then realized she is not so little.

Hope everything's fine with you Lynn and Harvey you sound very down I suppose that is to be expected. Rianna would not want you to grieve for her but be pleased she is free from pain and waiting at the Bridge where she can run free. Hope you progress well with your man cave.

I had a much better night last night. I said sod the antibiotics and went for some scotch for a change. I slept like a log. Mind you Steve had already rubbed that steroid ointment into my back and I had done the rest of my body and it certainly worked, didn't even need the antihistamine sleepers.

Right must get on. take care everyone, have a good day, God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2016, 06:25 AM
Morning both
Awww no, poor Tyto, max's tum was bad for a couple of days and he was sick yesterday...if it carries on he will go to the vet
Moyra, sometimes you have to do what suits you and if a cheeky scotch is what you fancy....so be it!!
Errm, I hope at some point the dogs will all get together, kota is awesome, deags,can have a bit of a grumble, max Steve's gsd doesn't like staffies lol and molly his pointer....well she is like kota, dead easy. I think I am worried about her meeting Steve as she is so excitable..but he is sound and once she has known him a bit she will settle down, I might get the trainer to help with the introductions though
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2016, 07:16 AM
Morning griff, brenda and Moyra.
Already been out with Dillon short trot round the block when the sun is out it is hot when it is in its humid. We were back here just before 8.
Have to pop out for some shopping today.

griff have a lovely lunch out and I am sure you will get along with the dogs.
brenda hope Tyto's tum soon settles down.
Glad the scotch and ointment worked well Moyra.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2016, 07:21 AM
Good morning

Lovely that the cream worked for you Moyra and a little snifter sent you to sleep for the night

Hope all goes well with your lunch Griff and that eventually all the dogs get on well. As for going to a steakhouse you could always have "the steak........." without the steak The other week I had a chicken salad with pine nuts and various other bits and bobs so as I don't like nuts said without the pine nuts. Did get a funny look but why spoil your meal

Sorry Tyto is still not right but hopefully as the day goes on he will improve

Do as much as you can Harvey you have all day but just don't forget us or we will all worry.

Washed the bedding overnight and guess what yes its raining Hopefully it will stop soon so I can get the girlie out. Eldest son coming tonight so a meal is required he will then take the car tomorrow to wales for the weekend camping so hope it doesn't rain for him.

Have a good day and stay safe.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-06-2016, 07:30 AM
Morning all.
Glad that better night's sleep were had and folk sound consequently more cheerful this fine morning. Well I say fine morning but I'm sure that particular weather condition is temporary, don't doubt it'll be back to sog before long.
Griff's out to lunch - "out to lunch" up here can mean the same as "a sandwich short of a picnic" or a "bit behind t'door". Sure that this is NOT the case with our Griff but did just wonder!!!!lol!!!
Hope you have a lovely time with Steve and get to meet up with his dogs, Griff. Sure you will have, although the chances of a vegetarian steakhouse are at least a bit slim!
Hope Tyto gets over his "bug" quickly and Amber stops chucking up breakfast. I'd give her a couple of days without breakfast if I were you Moyra - feel sure she is horribly spoilt under normal cicumstances and a couple of days with just one meal less won't do her any harm. lol !
June - sorry to read in one of your posts that you find your vets are very anti raw feeding. Wonder what they think dog's ate when they had to catch their own food (perhaps "wild kibbles"). The growing pains thing with Zen should right itself in a couple of months if that is what it is, wouldn't get too worked up about it, for me just a case giving lots of steamed veg and some potato as filler and small amount of minced or shredded bone free meat. I am always loathe to go down the pain killer route for either myself or my animals, unless absolutely necessary. Anything of that particular nature means house rest (or kennel - whatever) to me. You should see a marked improvement in 4 to 6 weeks. Given your vet's attitude - I'd be after a change of practice! I'm not trying to teach my granny to suck eggs here, June. Just used to see this in the bigger greyhounds years ago and this was our course of action, never had any further problems thereafter and all went on to a complete recovery and useful life.
Will be back later in the day, have a nice one everybody, bye fer now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2016, 07:39 AM
June a few links that might be of help if you haven't already researched them. You can take and use whatever you need if anything.

I think both of these are American.
http://leerburg.com/pdf/pano.pdf

http://www.greatdanelady.com/article...m_for_pano.htm

http://www.bmdinfo.org/Health/Limpin...untain_Dog.php

http://www.k9-massageguild.co.uk/pan...anine-massage/
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2016, 08:03 AM
Lol.LG....I am a sandwich short of a picnic too
Lynn, pleased you have got out with Dillon before it gets too warm
Sue....I don't get why people look at you odd when you ask for an ingredients removal
If he wants to go to the steakhouse that's fine...I will go where he wants, he works hard all week so it is only right he gets to do what he wants on his day off
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2016, 08:18 AM
Morning all.
A very sad day here. Yesterday was Brians birthday and at lunch time his brother died. He was poorly but it was still one hell of a shock. Really knocked Brian for 6. Especially as he has not been well himself.
We have been up half the night with Peps. She has been vomiting and just generally restless. She stayed curled up in her bed while we had breakfast but as soon as Brian said are you coming for a walk she was up and out the door Lol never mind I shall just have to see how she goes.
Sorry thats all me me me isn't it. I hope you all have a good day and that poorlies are better soon.
Might be back later xx
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »