Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2016, 06:28 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, June 23

Good Morning everyone, is it going to be Independence Day at last, I do hope so. Oh what a night we have had with thunderstorms and heavy rain and it is still pouring down, think Amber is going to have to cross her legs for a while.

Lovely to see you Eileen and those beautiful babies of yours.
Now Sarah has gone back to work you will have even less time to yourself. I am pleased your Mum has come through her treatment ok, just hope she continues to get well again.

Harvey, I am concerned for you and Riannon as we have not seen you on here for a day or two. Hope you are both ok.

Norma and 1cd hope you are both ok and things are not too bad north of the border.

Lynn, Hope you and Dillon are ok, is it tonight you are child sitting next door? Hope it goes ok.

LG, hope your injections went ok and you are back on your feet. Take care.

Jenny, Sue, Barry, Mandy and Brenda, trust all is well in your worlds.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. Thank God, I know how to swim! God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-06-2016, 07:02 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Moyra that's not not good news re: the new kitchen I agree with griff surely Steve can help.
Hope Zen feels better today June after Katherines visit. Hows your back ?
Eileen lovely to see you babies are beautiful and sorry to read Leah has to re- assess her diet. I am sure with your help and the dietician it can be solved.
So glad mum is doing well long may it continue. Gill lost lots of weight but then when feeling better put it on we have never seen her looking the weight she is at the moment.
Hope the knees aren't too sore today LG.
Hoping Rianna is better now Harvey.

Cough a bit better today although my poor ribs feel like I've been kicked by a donkey after my coughing most of Tuesday night. Feeling ok but still have the cold. Be glad to see the back of it.
Unfortunately Gill's news is not so good she had her last check up Tuesday and they have told her there is no more chemo of any use to her Radiotherapy I learnt this bit from Peter is not an option as its in her blood they cannot pin point it. Her cancer marker is very high again. The blood bit is news to me Gill is clamming up now about hospital dates and results and when the Tamoxifen stops working it will be palliative care.
She also fell on their decking the other week and hurt her ribs and knee not good for anyone but definitely not good for her and a worry.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-06-2016, 07:11 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow.
As you so rightly say, Moyra. today is our "Independence Day" and a chance to wrench back our rights and freedoms from the a European Union that is going down for the third time. We are currently shackled to a bloated corpse and it's time to break free!
Injections were a huge success and movement this morning in both knees is terrifically improved and pain reduced very considerably. My Doctor is a real good 'un came and had high tea with us then popped upstairs with me and gave me the jabs on the bed so I could just pull the covers over me and have a few hours in situ. He recommended this as it is best apparently to have rest for 4 to 6 hours following the jabs, so that there is no leaking from the joints with over use. Only trouble is that being a diabetic the jab for some reason pushes my blood sugar levels through the roof, so I need extra insulin and very little food for some 24 hours. Oh well! Small price to pay for mobility.
I see Eileen emerged from under her pile of nappies and feeding bottles last night. Youngsters certainly look fine but I have little knowledge of human babies, have always thought that their raising etc is something best done by Nannies and then boarding school, as long as you have them at home long enough to ride a horse and learn to shoot when they're old enough and make sure of course that they have a good grounding in natural history and exposure to plenty of animals. Once the above criteria are seen to then I would consider your obligations fulfilled. Not forgetting to dig into the funds to pay for further education which nowadays it seems is no longer freely available.
Hope that everyone is fine and dandy today (4 & 2).
Also, do hope that Rianna and Harvey are doing OK as we haven't heard from them just lately, if I remember correctly Harvey was going to take her to the vets on monday gone, so hope the visit was a success.
Dogs have been out for a short walk and I'm now going back to bed for a few hours in an atempt to complete recuperation, lol !
Have a good day all, bye fer now.
Don't forget to vote.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-06-2016, 07:15 AM
Just cross posted with you Lynn, glad to hear you are feeling a wee bit better. The news about Gill is not the best at all, not good to hear.
Bye fer now. G.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2016, 07:42 AM
Morning all and all to follow. Good to hear you are up and about Gordon. Hope you gets better as the day improves. Very muggy here. Don't like it one bit. Been out with Tyto and went a different way than usual to avoid all these grass darts. Thunder kept me awake for a bit but then it must have gone further over. Hope everyone is ok and not baling out. Have a good day all. Not a lot else to say as I concur with what others have said. apart from the EU as I haven't a clue what to do. Oo thats a song lyric. Block buster.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2016, 07:45 AM
Hi LG glad the injections were successful, take it easy for a day or two. Oh Lynn I am so sorry to hear your news, poor Gill she has been through so much. There's yet another new Cancer drug been approved hopefully they might try that on her. Wish you both well and Dillon of course. Take care.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-06-2016, 08:01 AM
We had one huge clap of thunder last night which shook the house apart from the usual rolling thunder. I am normally a fairly heavy sleeper but this bang woke both of us up and Sue actually got up to see if it had done any damage.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-06-2016, 08:05 AM
Thank you LG and brenda not sure there is anything now Moyra that can be tried after speaking to her the other day and the email from Peter.
They see her every 8 weeks which Michael says in itself is worrying. She has battled it for just over 9 years so done extremely well regarding the type of cancer she has.
We just have everything crossed the tamoxifen keeps working for a good while yet. She is her usual self keeping going even though it is hard work for her and enjoying her boot sales and the remodelling of her kitchen. Although that has crippled her and Peter the work they have been doing. Shows she still has fight in her which is a good sign.
When that stops we will really worry not just worry.
Raining again here.
brenda I am also not sure about this vote still.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2016, 08:07 AM
Good morning

Not good news re the kitchen Moyra but Steve should do his bit as a new kitchen might make your life better.

Sorry to read the news about Gill please give her a special hug from us all. Pleased your cough is a little better and hopefully by the weekend the cold will have gone.

Good news about the knees Gordon and yu have a good doctor there just like they used to be.

I too hope Harvey and Rhianna are ok but I expect he has just been busy.

Lovely photos of the girls Eileen, too be on the move Our granddaughter can now push herself up and the latest picture shows her looking very pleased with herself in a frog position Don't envy my son with three daughters

Yes wasn't the thunder bad last night Brenda, we had one huge bang that shook the house but at least is went away for a decent nights sleep.

It managed to stop raining long enough for a walk with Teazle, just got back and it was pouring again. Not a nice day to go out but needs must, voting to do, prescriptions to drop off and then get his lordship some new trousers for our holiday. So exciting stuff

Have a good day and stay warm and try to keep dry.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2016, 08:33 AM
just did a huge post, it ha gone so all i will say is good morning all and Lynn, massive hugs to you and Lynn
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »